GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Green Tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/199783-green-tomatoes.html)

phorbin 04-10-2011 05:13 PM

Green Tomatoes

In article , Potman.8ffd316
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...

If they go rotten maybe I will..... maybe!

Yeah, throwing rotten kids at windows might be a modest proposal.

I think composting them is better.

Potman 12-10-2011 07:34 PM

Luckily for me they are turning red at an astonishing rate. Any ideas what i can do with Red Tomatoes, only joking I'm not quite that stupid.

allen73 07-11-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potman (Post 937192)
Has anyone got any ideas of what to do with green tomatoes. I've got a bucket load and I don't think I can deal with that much chutney.

Ripen your green tomatoes. Place your green tomatoes on a tray and then put them in a dark, warm spot. Cover them with a single sheet of newspaper. Continue with this conditions to ripen your tomatoes, which is internal. Eat raw when it is ready and it is good for your health too :)

homefellas87 10-11-2011 04:20 AM

Really i don't have any information about the Green Tomatoes...please share the information????

AndyStuart 14-11-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hare-Scott[_2_] (Post 937209)
Potman wrote:
Has anyone got any ideas of what to do with green tomatoes. I've got a
bucket load and I don't think I can deal with that much chutney.

I have had the chutney overload too. Jam is good, green tomatoes make great
jam.

mmmm tomato jam?
I've never heard of it but am strangely intrigued.

Sounds very nice!
*Googles furiously for a recipe*