Old 04-10-2011, 11:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Corn silk

"Bloke Down The Pub" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Oct 3, 9:28 pm, Jackie Olund wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:55 pm, steve petrous wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:07 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

Does anyone here eat corn silk? I love it. It is so sweet. I like it
better than alfalfa, and if you're going to toss it, keep me a nice
serving.

Steve

Newsgroups are a great way to discuss topics. In this case, the topis
is general gardening.

Glad to know someone else from my internet literacy class stumbled
across this as well.

Same here. I am sorry that we have interrupted your discussion with
this nonsense. It's a required assignment we have to do. Please
accept my appolgy.

For future reference there is an alt.test newsgroup where these posts
would be better aimed. AND along with internet literacy should be taught
Usenet etiquette. Finally you should also be taught to "munge" your email
addresses to avoid the plethora of spam available on the net.

Mike

Get a life, and if you can't do that, learn how to use the BLOCK SENDER
option on your computer. If you can't do that, toss your computer in the
garbage, you're too stupid to own one.

Dear Whatever:

I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post is on
topic, is spelled correctly, or is correct in some other minute detail.

I would like to inform you that the post of Netnanny is already filled. It
is held by Newton Fillmore, of Pacoima, California, although Mr. Fillmore is
currently in a coma in a facility in Riverside, and has been for three
years, eight months now. We just could not bring ourselves to demote him
without a proper hearing and him being present.

Please be advised that there are currently over 500 applicants and wannabes
for the position. That does not include people like yourself who have
broken with protocol and currently act like they are in the cherished
position.

If and when and if ever the post becomes available, you will be required to
write an essay of no longer than 1500 words, single spaced, using the words
there, they're, their, your, you're, and any others you can come up with in
as many incorrect grammatical situations as possible.

You must also describe the difference between "lose" and "loose" in 25 words
or less.

You must also include the reason that you think entitles you the lifelong
right to hold this post, and review the rest of humanity on its daily
heretofore
unobserved unsupervised act of Usenet Posting.

Steve
3rd Poohbah and Grand Mucky Muck
of the Society of Netnannies.

Addended by 4/19/2011

You forgot three of my favorites, its and it's, lightning and
lightening, and to, too and two

:-)

Old 05-10-2011, 05:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Derald" wrote in message
m...

"Steve B" wrote:

Get a life, and if you can't do that, learn how to use the BLOCK SENDER
option on your computer.

What a wonderful suggestion. Wish I'd though of that. Bye, bye, butthole.
--
HTH,
Derald

Maybe they will cover it when you get to middle school.

Steve

Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered User

Well I thought I was going to learn something about Corn silk, but still this was an amusing thread. I googled it anyways and realised that this relates to sweetcorn. Turns out that corn silk are "Stigmas from female maize flowers", I'm none the wiser
__________________
Container Gardening Sky Planter
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Bloke Down The Pub" wrote in message

..

[...]

Hello Steve I have left in your cut and paste so that you may use it again
when next you misread a post. I was offering no criticism to your original
post and was attempting to add a little to the information of those who were
using your post to further their education on "internet literacy"

I do not use "BLOCK SENDER" whatever that may be. I am willing to read all
posts and reply as I see fit.

Mike

Old 06-10-2011, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Bloke Down The Pub" wrote in message
. au...

.

[...]

You are a rational man in a sea of schlubs.

Steve

Old 14-10-2011, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Pat is offline

"Steve B" wrote
Does anyone here eat corn silk? I love it. It is so sweet. I like it
better than alfalfa, and if you're going to toss it, keep me a nice
serving.

I never toss the corn silk. My pet rabbit loves it, along with the inner
husks. Abd the cats love the juicy cobs with a few odd kernels left on.

Old 15-10-2011, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Pat" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote
Does anyone here eat corn silk? I love it. It is so sweet. I like it
better than alfalfa, and if you're going to toss it, keep me a nice
serving.

I never toss the corn silk. My pet rabbit loves it, along with the inner
husks. Abd the cats love the juicy cobs with a few odd kernels left on.

I just love the sweet taste of it as a garni on a salad. It has a much
sweeter taste than alfalfa sprouts.

We were cleaning some Utah sweet corn (MMMMM sweet), and a friend of mine
handed me a tangle of corn silk. I had never ever thought of tasting it,
but I tried it. I don't know if it was the sweet Utah corn, or if it is all
like that, but it was just like sugar. We get some very very sweet corn
here in Utah, and at the end of the season, when it's plentiful, we can get
it for 8 ears for $1. I can make a meal of corn, with just some butter and
Tony's seasoning. And then alternate ears with California ground garlic and
parsley. But since you only RENT corn and beer, it doesn't stay with you
for long. ;-)

And golly by gee, I hope this is in line and on topic with discussing
gardens and edible things from the garden.

Steve

Old 10-11-2011, 04:48 AM
Registered User

Corn silk is a collection of the stigmas form of the female flowers of corn, and they are four to eight inches long with a faintly sweetish taste.
home improvement |
remodeling
Old 24-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homefellas87 View Post
Corn silk is a collection of the stigmas form of the female flowers of corn, and they are four to eight inches long with a faintly sweetish taste.
Carpets are definitely a personal choice, so rather than advocating any one thing - let me just tell you what I did. The corn silk carpeting gets dirty just looking at it. I too wanted a solution other than constant shampooing. I found a set of 4 Lloyd VelourTex carpets custom sized for the 2011 Touareg in a dark brown that almost exactly matched the dash and door trim. They offer a cargo area mat too, but I went with the gray VW CarGo mat back there. Anyway the VelourTex are the same nap height too, which lessens the risk of catching them with my shoes upon entry (the next grade of Lloyd is twice as thick). These attach to the factory floor snaps, and even cover more area than the OE carpets. Which is good, because under the cornsilk floormats, there's just more cornsilk carpeting. I pulled out my OE mats and put them in storage. I'll use the Lloyd mats until it's time to trade, then put the as new OE mats back in.