GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Critters on my Pluot tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/199936-critters-my-pluot-tree.html)

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 08-10-2011 10:17 PM

Critters on my Pluot tree

The Cook wrote:
On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 08:57:36 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

Are you anywhere near botanical gardens or a tertiary institute
where they teach horticulture? If you take some grubs in a jar
they may identify them for you as a public service.

yeh, I could do that. Problem is all of the critters were disposed
of and (thankfully) no new ones have appeared. next time I'll take
them somewhere.

thanks

Next time take them to your county extension office.
http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html

Your local will have information that fits your location.

If he is the USA.

His original post said zone 9 or10. I have never seen posters from
other countries specify zones.

Such systems exist in other countries. I am a 9b but I don't advertise.

http://www.anbg.gov.au/gardens/resea...rch/zones.html

phorbin 09-10-2011 12:29 AM

Critters on my Pluot tree

In article , susan_r23666
@yahoo.com says...

His original post said zone 9 or10. I have never seen posters from
other countries specify zones.

Canada...

I've mentioned it several times over the years and ours is the same as
the USA's.