Old 09-10-2011, 02:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Cucumbers

My fall planting is doing well but I have white flowers as well as
yellow ones on the same plant. I have never seen this before, any
ideas? MJ
Old 09-10-2011, 03:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote in message
My fall planting is doing well but I have white flowers as well as
yellow ones on the same plant. I have never seen this before, any
ideas? MJ

You may have a gourd or luffa in the mix.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Oct 9, 10:13*am, "Steve Peek" wrote:
wrote in message

My fall planting is doing well but I have white flowers as well as
yellow ones on the same plant. I have never seen this before, any
ideas? MJ

You may have a gourd or luffa in the mix.

I thought of that but they are on the vine right next to the yellow
flowers. If I knew how to send a photo I would
Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered User

Location: Norwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
wrote in message

My fall planting is doing well but I have white flowers as well as
yellow ones on the same plant. I have never seen this before, any
ideas? MJ

You may have a gourd or luffa in the mix.

I thought of that but they are on the vine right next to the yellow
flowers. If I knew how to send a photo I would
I had a similar thing with tomatoes this year, half the plant was green and the other half nearly white. The split in colour was sudden and ran straight down the stem. The flowers and tomatoes on this half were white from the start and the Tomatoes onll turnes a very pale yellow. Can't tell you what they taste like as I haven't dared eat one yet! No idea what caused it. It seemed almost like variagation.
__________________
http://pot-tastic.co.uk/

We've got lots of pots!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote in message

-
My fall planting is doing well but I have white flowers as well as
yellow ones on the same plant. I have never seen this before, any
ideas? MJ-

You may have a gourd or luffa in the mix.-

I thought of that but they are on the vine right next to the yellow
flowers. If I knew how to send a photo I would

I had a similar thing with tomatoes this year, half the plant was green
and the other half nearly white. The split in colour was sudden and ran
straight down the stem. The flowers and tomatoes on this half were white
from the start and the Tomatoes onll turnes a very pale yellow. Can't
tell you what they taste like as I haven't dared eat one yet! No idea
what caused it. It seemed almost like variagation.

If it is recent, it is probably humidity (rain, or fog).
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and Medicare, while cutting taxes on the wealthy.

Kucinich noted that none of the government programs targeted for
elimination or severe cutback in House Republican spending plans
"appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of
waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/state...is-kucinich/re
p-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

[W]e have the situation with the deficit and the debt and spending and jobs. And itıs not that difficult to get out of it. The first thing you do is you get rid of corporate welfare. Thatıs hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The second is you tax corporations so that they donıt get away with no taxation.
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/7/19/ralph_naders_solution_to_debt_crisis