Old 14-10-2011, 09:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Such a special pepper

Was recently twigged to these peppers and once you view them you will probably
laugh as much as me and see the humor potential like I did, but they are way too
expensive and I was hoping that someone may have a better supplier or an
alternative but still similar pepper

http://www.chilli-willy.com/
Old 14-10-2011, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
Was recently twigged to these peppers and once you view them you will
probably
laugh as much as me and see the humor potential like I did, but they are
way too
expensive and I was hoping that someone may have a better supplier or an
alternative but still similar pepper

http://www.chilli-willy.com/

I grew them over 20 years ago. They were called "peter" peppers back then.
They are a deformed cayenne with the same heat and flavor profile. I think I
failed to save seed for lack of interest but I'll look in my stocks.
Steve

Old 15-10-2011, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Steve Peek wrote:
"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in
message
Was recently twigged to these peppers and once you view them you will
probably
laugh as much as me and see the humor potential like I did, but they
are way too
expensive and I was hoping that someone may have a better supplier
or an alternative but still similar pepper

http://www.chilli-willy.com/

I grew them over 20 years ago. They were called "peter" peppers back
then. They are a deformed cayenne with the same heat and flavor
profile. I think I failed to save seed for lack of interest but I'll
look in my stocks.
Steve

Would any be viable?

Old 15-10-2011, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:20:12 -0400, "Steve Peek"
wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
Was recently twigged to these peppers and once you view them you will
probably
laugh as much as me and see the humor potential like I did, but they are
way too
expensive and I was hoping that someone may have a better supplier or an
alternative but still similar pepper

http://www.chilli-willy.com/

I grew them over 20 years ago. They were called "peter" peppers back then.
They are a deformed cayenne with the same heat and flavor profile. I think I
failed to save seed for lack of interest but I'll look in my stocks.
Steve

Here is a source.
http://www.totallytomato.com/dp.asp?...ter+Red+Pepper
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

Old 15-10-2011, 05:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
Was recently twigged to these peppers and once you view them you will
probably
laugh as much as me and see the humor potential like I did, but they are
way too
expensive and I was hoping that someone may have a better supplier or an
alternative but still similar pepper

http://www.chilli-willy.com/

I grew them over 20 years ago. They were called "peter" peppers back then.
They are a deformed cayenne with the same heat and flavor profile. I think I
failed to save seed for lack of interest but I'll look in my stocks.
Steve

Here is a source.
http://www.totallytomato.com/dp.asp?...ter+Red+Pepper

that's better but I didn't see any info on approx how many seeds are in each
packet.

thanks
Old 15-10-2011, 06:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Derald wrote:

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

[...]

Look again; scroll down to "Product details", RH column
Seed Start Indoors: Yes Seed Start Direct: No Seeds Per Packet: 10 Planting
Depth: 1/4"

aw, I guess it's time to have those cataracts removed.

thanks