Old 10-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Registered User

Nice post dear, you have nice information...
__________________
home improvement |
remodeling
Old 07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
Hi Snag,

I've not tried this yet myself but am keen to give it a go too. Having a browse through the web for similar information I came across the website Sustainable Enterprises that has some great information about using coffee grounds for compost and fertiliser.

It includes a bit of info on what quantities to use and how often. Hope it helps
Hi...

Its an important thing you have shared here. Personal experiences always give the benefits..
Old 08-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snag View Post
I've been doing some work for a local coffee shop , and have been offered
as much used coffee grounds as I'd care to drag home ...I've read somewhere
that they make excellent worm food and can be used as a fertilizer on my
garden , but I have no idea how much is enough , and how much would be too
much .
So , is there a rule of thumb or any kind of guide for this application ?
When we were kids we used a 5 gal bucket buried about 3/4 in the ground and
filled with burlap sacking as a worm farm . We used Dad's grounds as food ,
got some very healthy and active worms , and had repeat business from the
local fisherfolk ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Toads love coffee grounds and are also a major beneficial predator in the garden. Coffee grounds will not dramatically increase acidity if mulched on top and not worked into the soil in moderate amounts. Lay newspaper down in several layers around plants to deter weeds and mulch with coffee grounds on top.

If suffering from a slug/snail invasion spray vegetables with room temperature coffee liquid at dusk. This has been extremely effective in our garden.

And yes, absolutely, if you want worms put coffee grounds down. Coffee and mint plants are the two major worm attractors.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubarb View Post
[...]

Energy Star Dehumidifier

coffee grounds from cold press coffee user Roses 4 01-05-2004 04:03 PM
Coffee grounds to keep out cats? Polar Edible Gardening 9 29-04-2003 11:56 AM
NPK of Coffee Grounds Ryunen Gardening 1 01-03-2003 05:27 AM
[IBC] Fw: Coffee grounds Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 22-02-2003 04:27 PM
Coffee grounds Theo Bonsai 0 22-02-2003 08:15 AM