Old 11-11-2011, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Black Garlic

I have heard of this on cooking competitions. Is this something that is
available to grow in your own garden, or a gourmet item available at a
premium price? I have heard the flavor is stronger and more intense, and am
interested.

Steve

Old 11-11-2011, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

http://blackgarlic.com/how-its-made

Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:45:18 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

Steve B wrote:
I have heard of this on cooking competitions. Is this something that
is available to grow in your own garden, or a gourmet item available
at a premium price? I have heard the flavor is stronger and more
intense, and am interested.

Steve

http://blackgarlic.com/how-its-made

Yeah-- I was going to say it was just moldy--- but from that site;
"Black garlic is produced by fermentation," -- That's the ticket-- it
is 'fermented'.

Tried it once. Didn't do anything for me. but then I like garlic
just the way it is-- in great amounts- in almost anything.

Jim
Old 12-11-2011, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Yeah-- I was going to say it was just moldy--- but from that site;
"Black garlic is produced by fermentation," -- That's the ticket-- it
is 'fermented'.

As soon as I saw that it was fermented by their sooper sekrit method, I
ignored everything else.

I'll take my garlic au naturel as well.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:25:56 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I have heard of this on cooking competitions. Is this something that is
available to grow in your own garden, or a gourmet item available at a
premium price? I have heard the flavor is stronger and more intense, and am
interested.

Steve

If you grow your own and want strong and intense, get yourself a
variety called Bogatyr. God help you if you want more intense than
that one ;-).

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.
Ag Canada Zone 5B
43º 17' 26.75" North
80º 13' 29.46" West

Old 12-11-2011, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Ross@home wrote:
If you grow your own and want strong and intense, get yourself a
variety called Bogatyr. God help you if you want more intense than
that one ;-).

*perk* yum!

songbird

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Black, Black-Eyed Susans HA HA Budys Here Gardening 0 27-07-2004 05:27 AM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspp Unique Too Roses 7 16-05-2003 04:08 AM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk ssspppOOOTTTSSSS!!!!!! Roger Roses 6 12-05-2003 10:56 PM
black spots, Black Spots, BLACK SPOTS!!!!bbbbbblllllllaaaaacccckkkkkk Radika Kesavan Roses 0 11-05-2003 04:44 PM