Old 11-11-2011, 06:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default NadR

Are you around NadR? I don't recall seeing any posts from you since before
we went to Sth America.

Old 15-11-2011, 04:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Are you around NadR? I don't recall seeing any posts from you since before
we went to Sth America.

I was wondering if one person would miss me

It was about ten years ago that I made my first post here.
This is my last post here or anywhere else on usenet.

Last month was my first year as a retired person. That anniversary date
was a good time to reflect on what I was doing with my life and where I
wanted to go next.

Fifteen years ago I moved from the city to the country and never
regretted the move. I feel I have a very good system down for gardening
and maintaining my home, yard and taking care of my animals. Since
joining the Master Gardeners program three years ago, I have found my
local MG program has been my resource for new and exchanging information
on gardening.

I have always had a strong desire to keep learning new things. Chess
clubs, Amateur Radio, Ball Room Dancing, Gardening, Cooking and trying
my hand at the first stock market by buying a couple dairy cows. Now it
is time to feed my first joys, math and physics.

I purchased some new toys: a digital oscilloscope, digital counter,
auto-variable transformer, low powered lasers, protoboards and a few
extra toys. Thirty years ago during my university days I had ideas, but
never had the time to see if the ideas pan out. Now I have the time to
see how the world works and create my own small scale scientific
experiments. I have to scratch that itch and see if I can create
something new. Success is extremely low and my mind is not as sharp as
it once was, but I have to try.

So what gives is time. I use to spend a lot of time here and on other
newsgroups. In the beginning I have learned allot about gardening and
not just about gardening here, but also the philosophical views of
gardening.

Like a kid in a candy store, I am off to try something new. So this is
my last post. Thanks to everyone for the fun times.

Enjoy Life FarmI... and to others here

Nad R

--
Enjoy Life... Nad R
Old 15-11-2011, 10:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Nad R" wrote in message
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Are you around NadR? I don't recall seeing any posts from you since
before
we went to Sth America.

I was wondering if one person would miss me

Well I did miss you, hence my question - and now you give me the sad news
:-((.

It was about ten years ago that I made my first post here.
This is my last post here or anywhere else on usenet.

:-((( One less interesting person to read - usenet posters seem to be
heading off into the a puff of ether all too frequently.

Last month was my first year as a retired person. That anniversary date
was a good time to reflect on what I was doing with my life and where I
wanted to go next.

Fifteen years ago I moved from the city to the country and never
regretted the move. I feel I have a very good system down for gardening
and maintaining my home, yard and taking care of my animals. Since
joining the Master Gardeners program three years ago, I have found my
local MG program has been my resource for new and exchanging information
on gardening.

Well now I'd like to know what the Master Gardeners Program is but I guess
you arent' going to tell me???? Peraps someone else will.

I have always had a strong desire to keep learning new things. Chess
clubs, Amateur Radio, Ball Room Dancing, Gardening, Cooking and trying
my hand at the first stock market by buying a couple dairy cows. Now it
is time to feed my first joys, math and physics.

They are two 'joys' that sem to have passed me by and which I have never
been able to get on with. I keep saying that I'm inumerate, but that's nto
quite true, as my daily maths used to calculate change from purchases and do
to quick sums works well. anything else is beyond me.

I purchased some new toys: a digital oscilloscope, digital counter,
auto-variable transformer, low powered lasers, protoboards and a few
extra toys.

I have no idea what any of those things are but I hope you gain great joy,
satisfaction and pleasure from the owning and using of them.

Thirty years ago during my university days I had ideas, but
never had the time to see if the ideas pan out. Now I have the time to
see how the world works and create my own small scale scientific
experiments. I have to scratch that itch and see if I can create
something new. Success is extremely low and my mind is not as sharp as
it once was, but I have to try.

:-)) Having now been 'retired' for some years, you will become increasingly
short of time so I can understand your desire to use it while yu can still
find some. I can never now understand how I ever foudn time top go out to
paid employment as I'm just so darned busy all the time.

So what gives is time. I use to spend a lot of time here and on other
newsgroups. In the beginning I have learned allot about gardening and
not just about gardening here, but also the philosophical views of
gardening.

Like a kid in a candy store, I am off to try something new. So this is
my last post. Thanks to everyone for the fun times.

Enjoy Life FarmI... and to others here

And the same to you NadR. I shall miss you and I hope that you will
reconcider and sometimes pop in to post. All the best.

Fran

Old 15-11-2011, 12:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:53:55 +1100, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

"Nad R" wrote in message
[...]

Here is information on the Master Gardener program.
http://www.ahs.org/master_gardeners/
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
Old 15-11-2011, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

FarmI wrote:
Nad R wrote:
FarmI wrote:

Are you around NadR? I don't recall seeing any posts from you since
before
we went to Sth America.

I was wondering if one person would miss me

Well I did miss you, hence my question - and now you give me the sad news
:-((.

yeah, i was looking forwards to more moomoo
stories and cheese making stories.

but, as it goes, it does take time to sit
and write. i'd rather write and read than
watch the tube so here i am until i'm
unplugged.

It was about ten years ago that I made my first post here.
This is my last post here or anywhere else on usenet.

:-((( One less interesting person to read - usenet posters seem to be
heading off into the a puff of ether all too frequently.

hopefully new people will keep showing up.

Last month was my first year as a retired person. That anniversary date
was a good time to reflect on what I was doing with my life and where I
wanted to go next.

Fifteen years ago I moved from the city to the country and never
regretted the move. I feel I have a very good system down for gardening
and maintaining my home, yard and taking care of my animals. Since
joining the Master Gardeners program three years ago, I have found my
local MG program has been my resource for new and exchanging information
on gardening.

Well now I'd like to know what the Master Gardeners Program is but I guess
you arent' going to tell me???? Peraps someone else will.

it's a class of so many hours, you pay a fee and
get materials and then have to volunteer so many
hours for community service.

I have always had a strong desire to keep learning new things. Chess
clubs, Amateur Radio, Ball Room Dancing, Gardening, Cooking and trying
my hand at the first stock market by buying a couple dairy cows. Now it
is time to feed my first joys, math and physics.

They are two 'joys' that sem to have passed me by and which I have never
been able to get on with. I keep saying that I'm inumerate, but that's nto
quite true, as my daily maths used to calculate change from purchases and do
to quick sums works well. anything else is beyond me.

yep, many people can do sums and such, but
when it comes to formulas and some of the
abstractions they can't quite make the jump.
i know a few people who can't quite grasp
even simple algebra, but if i sit down with
them long enough sooner or later i can find
a metaphor that will give them a glimpse.

I purchased some new toys: a digital oscilloscope, digital counter,
auto-variable transformer, low powered lasers, protoboards and a few
extra toys.

I have no idea what any of those things are but I hope you gain great joy,
satisfaction and pleasure from the owning and using of them.

sounds like a riot to me. kid in a candy store...

Thirty years ago during my university days I had ideas, but
never had the time to see if the ideas pan out. Now I have the time to
see how the world works and create my own small scale scientific
experiments. I have to scratch that itch and see if I can create
something new. Success is extremely low and my mind is not as sharp as
it once was, but I have to try.

:-)) Having now been 'retired' for some years, you will become increasingly
short of time so I can understand your desire to use it while yu can still
find some. I can never now understand how I ever foudn time top go out to
paid employment as I'm just so darned busy all the time.

same here, people always ask me if i'm ever bored,
but i know that feeling and it's really the one that
says it's time to take a nap.

So what gives is time. I use to spend a lot of time here and on other
newsgroups. In the beginning I have learned allot about gardening and
not just about gardening here, but also the philosophical views of
gardening.

Like a kid in a candy store, I am off to try something new. So this is
my last post. Thanks to everyone for the fun times.

Enjoy Life FarmI... and to others here

bye Nad, enjoy the toys. remember don't point
the lasers at the eyes to see if they're working
and don't test for current with your tongue.

And the same to you NadR. I shall miss you and I hope that you will
reconcider and sometimes pop in to post. All the best.

Fran

songbird