Old 31-12-2011, 01:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Anoother good reason to compost

A Swedish lady found a wedding ring that she'd lost in the kitchen 16
years ago. It turned up on a carrot in the garden. They guess it
went to the compost pile, or the sheep ate it and re-deposited it.g

http://www.thelocal.se/38248/20111230/

Jim
Old 31-12-2011, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
A Swedish lady found a wedding ring that she'd lost in the kitchen 16
years ago. It turned up on a carrot in the garden. They guess it
went to the compost pile, or the sheep ate it and re-deposited it.g

http://www.thelocal.se/38248/20111230/

Jim

There's hope yet. So far I have only found a teaspoon and a vegetable
peeler in the compost heap.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:
A Swedish lady found a wedding ring that she'd lost in the kitchen 16
years ago. It turned up on a carrot in the garden. They guess it
went to the compost pile, or the sheep ate it and re-deposited it.g

http://www.thelocal.se/38248/20111230/

Jim

There's hope yet. So far I have only found a teaspoon and a vegetable
peeler in the compost heap.

I haven't started composting yet , but I once found a diamond ring in my
flower bed . Old style cut from the 50's , I sold it to the doughnut shop
owner's wife for a hunnerd bucks .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Old 01-01-2012, 04:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
A Swedish lady found a wedding ring that she'd lost in the kitchen 16
years ago. It turned up on a carrot in the garden. They guess it
went to the compost pile, or the sheep ate it and re-deposited it.g

http://www.thelocal.se/38248/20111230/

Jim

Very cool, all I've found in my garden is arrowheads.

Steve

Old 02-01-2012, 06:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Derald wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

A Swedish lady found a wedding ring that she'd lost in the kitchen 16
years ago

Fortunate lady. I'm envious. Most significant item we've found buried
where I live is an automobile. It's still there; dunno what's in it.
Could be treasure? In the garden all I've "found" is a instant-read
thermometer but it was one I had "lost" the previous autumn.

There was an old abandoned car on private property I used to jog past for a year
or more. They finally checked it out, and found a body in the trunk.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "Bob F"
wrote:

Derald wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

A Swedish lady found a wedding ring that she'd lost in the kitchen 16
years ago

Fortunate lady. I'm envious. Most significant item we've found buried
where I live is an automobile. It's still there; dunno what's in it.
Could be treasure? In the garden all I've "found" is a instant-read
thermometer but it was one I had "lost" the previous autumn.

There was an old abandoned car on private property I used to jog past for a
year
or more. They finally checked it out, and found a body in the trunk.

You must live in New Jersey.
--

Billy

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 16 April 1953
Old 02-01-2012, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Bob F wrote:
Derald wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

A Swedish lady found a wedding ring that she'd lost in the kitchen
16 years ago

Fortunate lady. I'm envious. Most significant item we've found buried
where I live is an automobile. It's still there; dunno what's in it.
Could be treasure? In the garden all I've "found" is a instant-read
thermometer but it was one I had "lost" the previous autumn.

There was an old abandoned car on private property I used to jog past
for a year or more. They finally checked it out, and found a body in
the trunk.

Car wrecks are discovered in the bush in some parts round here after
bushfires. If a plot of dense bush is near an access road people will drive
old cars in as far as they can and abandon them rather than pay a tipping
fee. They can build up unseen for years. Then comes a bushfire and after
the smoke clears among the ashes car bodies are revealed that nobody knew
were there.

David

Old 08-02-2012, 12:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
A Swedish lady found a wedding ring that she'd lost in the kitchen 16
years ago. It turned up on a carrot in the garden. They guess it
went to the compost pile, or the sheep ate it and re-deposited it.g

http://www.thelocal.se/38248/20111230/

Jim

I found a set of keys I lost. Best I can figure is the lawn mower sucked it
up.

And I dumped them in there with the grass.

Diesel.