Old 02-02-2012, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default garlic is easy to grow!

I couldnt believe how easy it is to grow garlic! I added it to my
garden two years ago and it I will grow it every year from now on. I
love to cook with it and am always looking for new ways to use it. I
pickle at least on quart every year and use it with salads, anti pasto
and cheese boards.

Check out my recipe at

http://tmhughes.hubpages.com/hub/Gar...d-easy-to-grow

What are some other good used for garlic?

thanks

Tommy

Old 02-02-2012, 04:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 1, 9:12*pm, Thomas Hughes wrote:
I couldnt believe how easy it is to grow garlic! *I added it to my
garden two years ago and it I will grow it every year from now on. I
love to cook with it and am always looking for new ways to use it. *I
pickle at least on quart every year and use it with salads, anti pasto
and cheese boards.

Check out my recipe at

http://tmhughes.hubpages.com/hub/Gar...d-easy-to-grow

What are some other good used for garlic?

thanks

Tommy

Great idea I never even concidered planting garlic, Ill have to give
that a try next season.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:12:34 -0800, Thomas Hughes wrote:

I couldnt believe how easy it is to grow garlic! I added it to my
garden two years ago and it I will grow it every year from now on. I
love to cook with it and am always looking for new ways to use it. I
pickle at least on quart every year and use it with salads, anti pasto
and cheese boards.

Check out my recipe at

http://tmhughes.hubpages.com/hub/Gar...d-easy-to-grow

What are some other good used for garlic?

thanks

Tommy

Where did you get the bulbs? Did you just plant supermarket garlic bulbs?
Old 20-02-2012, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 1, 9:12*pm, Thomas Hughes wrote:
I couldnt believe how easy it is to grow garlic! *I added it to my
garden two years ago and it I will grow it every year from now on. I
love to cook with it and am always looking for new ways to use it. *I
pickle at least on quart every year and use it with salads, anti pasto
and cheese boards.

Check out my recipe at

http://tmhughes.hubpages.com/hub/Gar...d-easy-to-grow

What are some other good used for garlic?

thanks

Tommy

You can add garlic o pet food to repel flies, fleas, and ticks! It can
also be used a rub on horses for the same reason. (And humans, but
that would be stinky!)
How do you start off growing garlic? Bulb?
Thanks,
Diana
Old 20-02-2012, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Diana wrote:

How do you start off growing garlic? Bulb?

Clove. Fall planted for hardnecks; possibly spring planting softnecks if
you have a California-ish climate (I DON'T!).

Old 24-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Hughes View Post
I couldnt believe how easy it is to grow garlic! I added it to my
garden two years ago and it I will grow it every year from now on. I
love to cook with it and am always looking for new ways to use it. I
pickle at least on quart every year and use it with salads, anti pasto
and cheese boards.

Check out my recipe at

Garlic is delicious and easy to grow

What are some other good used for garlic?

thanks

Tommy
Growing garlic in a href="http://advancednutrients.com/hydroponics/articles/vegetable-gardening"vegetable gardening/a is fun, easy, and rewarding, especially if you like garlic in the food. Though growing garlic is easy, there are things you have to take care of to grow a successful crop. There are a number of varieties of garlic to choose from, but the two general types are hardneck and softneck, as far as growing garlic is concerned, planting, cultivating and harvesting is essentially same for softnecks as for hardnecks. You will probably get the best results, at least for starters, by growing a garlic type that is common to your particular area. After growing a crop or two, and you are beginning to feel that growing garlic is fairly straightforward, you might want to branch out into several different types and give them a try.
Fruit Trees

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 12:31 PM
Which of these are easy to grow? Ted Shoemaker Gardening 0 27-02-2004 08:12 PM
easy to grow? Suz United Kingdom 30 11-02-2004 01:40 AM
Aus Tea Tree, Manuka - is it easy to grow? brenroamin Australia 0 08-10-2003 08:51 PM
is cosmos easy to grow from seed? jayjay United Kingdom 3 09-08-2003 10:22 PM