GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New USDA Hardiness Maps (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/202070-new-usda-hardiness-maps.html)

Fvert 04-02-2012 06:07 AM

New USDA Hardiness Maps

Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian

[email protected] 04-02-2012 11:40 AM

New USDA Hardiness Maps

On Feb 4, 1:07*am, Fvert wrote:
Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian

Wow that makes me want to plant.

The Cook 04-02-2012 01:17 PM

New USDA Hardiness Maps

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 01:07:08 -0500, Fvert
wrote:

Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian

You must be in the eastern part of the state. I am still in zone 7a.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

Fvert 04-02-2012 01:40 PM

New USDA Hardiness Maps

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

You must be in the eastern part of the state. I am still in zone 7a.

Near Charlotte.

Brian

The Cook 04-02-2012 02:23 PM

New USDA Hardiness Maps

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 08:40:01 -0500, Fvert
wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

You must be in the eastern part of the state. I am still in zone 7a.

Near Charlotte.

Brian

I'm at the other end of I77.

Steve Peek 04-02-2012 03:48 PM

New USDA Hardiness Maps

wrote:

Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian

You must be in the eastern part of the state. I am still in zone 7a.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
USDA Zone 7a
To find your extension office
http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html

I'm well west of you (just north of Asheville) and newly into zone 7a.
Steve

DogDiesel 07-02-2012 05:43 AM

New USDA Hardiness Maps

"Fvert" wrote in message
Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian

Well , I'm in Ohio and I'm 6A. I think I was that before.

Diesel.

j[_2_] 18-02-2012 03:36 AM

New USDA Hardiness Maps

On 2/4/2012 1:07 AM, Fvert wrote:
Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Hey, me too. I'm in Atlanta.

I wonder when I can start growing oranges? And pineapples!

Jeff