Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default New USDA Hardiness Maps

Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian
Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 4, 1:07*am, Fvert wrote:
Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian

Wow that makes me want to plant.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 01:07:08 -0500, Fvert
wrote:

Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian

You must be in the eastern part of the state. I am still in zone 7a.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
Old 04-02-2012, 02:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

You must be in the eastern part of the state. I am still in zone 7a.

Near Charlotte.

Brian
Old 04-02-2012, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 08:40:01 -0500, Fvert
wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

You must be in the eastern part of the state. I am still in zone 7a.

Near Charlotte.

Brian

I'm at the other end of I77.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian

You must be in the eastern part of the state. I am still in zone 7a.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
USDA Zone 7a
To find your extension office
http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html

I'm well west of you (just north of Asheville) and newly into zone 7a.
Steve

Old 07-02-2012, 06:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Fvert" wrote in message
Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Here is a link to the main page. Once there you can get links for
downloads if you want or just check out what they have on the site.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Brian

Well , I'm in Ohio and I'm 6A. I think I was that before.

Diesel.

Old 18-02-2012, 04:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 2/4/2012 1:07 AM, Fvert wrote:
Due to warming trends a new map has been issued to replace the most
recent one (from 1990 I believe). My home, in NC on the SC border, went
from 7B to 8a.

Hey, me too. I'm in Atlanta.

I wonder when I can start growing oranges? And pineapples!

Jeff

[IBC] New USDA map 2 Jim Lewis Bonsai 16 21-01-2004 03:42 PM
[IBC] Climate zones in general (was: New USDA map) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 17-01-2004 10:42 PM
[IBC] New USDA map Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 14-01-2004 07:42 PM
Preview of 2003 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map Susan H. Simko Roses 4 09-07-2003 11:09 PM
USDA Hardiness Zone for Zip 99516 David J Bockman Gardening 7 18-06-2003 11:32 AM