Old 06-02-2012, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Celantro

Does anyone have history with this? I just read it is the hardest herb
to grow. I got some free seeds so I am trying it but it hasn't
germinated yet.
MJ
Old 07-02-2012, 05:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
" wrote:

Does anyone have history with this? I just read it is the hardest herb
to grow. I got some free seeds so I am trying it but it hasn't
germinated yet.
MJ

Where and how are you germinating it? I think you get the most control
from using grow lights and a heating pad turned on low. Connect lights,
and pad to a timer to simulate normal daily cycles of heating and
cooling. Once you have a seedling, move it to a larger pot, and then
replant outside when conditions permit.
--

Billy

E Pluribus Unum

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 16 April 1953

Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 6, 1:57*pm, "
wrote:
Does anyone have history with this? I just read it is the hardest herb
to grow. I got some free seeds so I am trying it but it hasn't
germinated yet.
MJ

Google for Cilantro, coriander, Chinese parsley, not the same as
culantro, but close

Grows in similar climates as lettuces....cool,sunny. Growing
hydroponically is a very easy method and mostly what you would buy in
the store for .50 a bunch.

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/herb...g-cilantro.htm

Make sure you didn't just get someone's old coriander spice seeds from
years back.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 7, 11:05*am, Gunner wrote:
On Feb 6, 1:57*pm, "
wrote:

Does anyone have history with this? I just read it is the hardest herb
to grow. I got some free seeds so I am trying it but it hasn't
germinated yet.
MJ

Google for Cilantro, coriander, Chinese parsley, *not the same as
culantro, but close

Grows in similar climates as lettuces....cool,sunny. Growing
hydroponically is a very easy method and mostly what you would *buy in
the store for .50 a bunch.

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/herb...g-cilantro.htm

Make sure you didn't just get someone's old coriander spice seeds from
years back.

With all of the feedback I should have no problem growing it. Time
will tell
MJ

Old 09-02-2012, 05:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote in message
Does anyone have history with this? I just read it is the hardest herb
to grow. I got some free seeds so I am trying it but it hasn't
germinated yet.

It's dead easy to grow. It grows each year in my garden as a result of self
seeding. As tough as old boots but it prefers cool weather to hot so it's
spring and autumn in temperate/mediterranean climes.