Old 01-03-2012, 02:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Cucumbers

Is the temperature range I am having in the greenhouse causing the
leaves to curl?
MJ
Old 01-03-2012, 09:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 05:12:50 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Is the temperature range I am having in the greenhouse causing the
leaves to curl?

My psychic friend says YES, it is. She also says your grandfather
wants to tell you where he buried the chest of jewels.

Perhaps you'd like to indicate the temperature, and at what stage of
development the cucumbers are at, as well as your climate and light
conditions?

My cucumbers are only just starting to germinate, the seed leaves are
only just unfurling.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:
Is the temperature range I am having in the greenhouse causing the
leaves to curl?

My psychic friend says YES, it is. *She also says your grandfather
wants to tell you where he buried the chest of jewels.

Perhaps you'd like to indicate the temperature, and at what stage of
development the cucumbers are at, as well as your climate and light
conditions?

My cucumbers are only just starting to germinate, the seed leaves are
only just unfurling.

They have 5 leaves and are just starting the tendrals. the temperature
has ranged from 50 to 75. I am in eastern North Carolina and the
winter here has been quite mild.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 03:35:20 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

They have 5 leaves and are just starting the tendrals. the temperature
has ranged from 50 to 75. I am in eastern North Carolina and the
winter here has been quite mild.

Are you growing them with a light? The wide fluctuation in
temperature may not be doing them any good.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 PM
AlansMarshTits's Avatar
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Is the temperature range I am having in the greenhouse causing the
leaves to curl?
MJ

I have never grown a cucumber I have planted them after I bought a few from the super market (takes some serious planting after digging a fair deep whole to plant a whole cucumber, however despite my best efforts nothing has ever grown so I give up and carried on purchasing from the supermarket.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlansMarshTits View Post
I have never grown a cucumber I have planted them after I bought a few from the super market (takes some serious planting after digging a fair deep whole to plant a whole cucumber, however despite my best efforts nothing has ever grown so I give up and carried on purchasing from the supermarket.
It's a shame you gave up on the cucumbers Alan..they are indeed tricky to grow and come in all shapes and sizes but with enough care and attention the rewards can be huge...it's possible you are putting them in too large a hole, I suggest you only put them in holes that are a snug fit..

hope this helps...
WD
Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine Delilah View Post
It's a shame you gave up on the cucumbers Alan..they are indeed tricky to grow and come in all shapes and sizes but with enough care and attention the rewards can be huge...it's possible you are putting them in too large a hole, I suggest you only put them in holes that are a snug fit..

hope this helps...
WD
A snug fit is ideal WD and should aid Alans problem. I also find that a little moisture, not too much mind, is also a good thing before entry.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arry the plant View Post
A snug fit is ideal WD and should aid Alans problem. I also find that a little moisture, not too much mind, is also a good thing before entry.
Absolutely spot on Arry..
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Registered User

How much are cucumber bulbs?

Old 05-03-2012, 09:01 AM
AlansMarshTits's Avatar
Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbital View Post
How much are cucumber bulbs?
I am not sure but are they as good as energy savers?

Popping to B&Q today for some more lawn paint so will check