Old 14-04-2012, 07:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default shopping for seeds

I had a short list of seeds I reeded to replinish so we started at one
of the "very" rural seed & fee stores. They closed at noon and it was
about 12:30. A young man came running over from next door and said he
would get the key from his father and open up. Nice guy, gave us a
history of the place. I porbably bought a few more than I had planned
since he was so nice.

Picked up most of the rest of the list at Lowe's and Tractor Supply.

One of the joys of living in the boonies.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
Old 15-04-2012, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Derald wrote:
[...]
As long as Sustainable Seeds in California and Southern Exposure in
Virginia maintain their great heirloom selections and excellent service,
my feed 'n seed days may be about done. Too far to drive. Except for
alfalfa meal; that still is worth the sixty mile round trip to avoid
reducing pellets with a food processor.

what?! to me the pellets would be more
useful because they would act like little
bits of slow release fertilizer. or are
you using this in the composting pile and
want a more uniform texture?

songbird