Old 21-05-2012, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default protein in cow manure

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

(And I too wondered if the OP really might have meant to ask about the N
content of cow poop. But that was not the question asked even though asking
that question of other gardeners would make sense whereas asking about
protein didn't. Given how many trolls we've had here in the past who knows
what prompted the OP to ask such a question.......)

I asked about the protein in cow poop in reference to a discussion in another
group, which sadly, I have forgotten. it wasn't a troll and I'm sure that one
day I'll remember the point. I did some research and nothing came up. I thought
here was a good place to ask. It is/was, it's only my memory and my failure to
read all my newsgroups in a timely manner that makes the whole thing seem
senseless/pointless at this time.

but my intentions were good
Old 21-05-2012, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
In article , "Farm1"

wrote:

[...]

Since you say you weren't trolling (and we have been bothered by such
creatures here in the past), you may get a result if you just do a general
search about protein in the poop of any mammals.

Someone (David I think) mentioned that a healthy cow shouldn't have a lot of
protein in it's poop. If he is right, and past history indicates that he
doesn't post unless he's either sure of his facts or puts in a qualifier,
then perhaps the same principle would apply to all mammals.

Old 21-05-2012, 04:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

I asked about the protein in cow poop in reference to a discussion in another
group, which sadly, I have forgotten. it wasn't a troll and I'm sure that one
day I'll remember the point. I did some research and nothing came up. I thought
here was a good place to ask. It is/was, it's only my memory and my failure to
read all my newsgroups in a timely manner that makes the whole thing seem
senseless/pointless at this time.

There have been news articles about synthetic food from manure. I took
such reports as using manure as a source material for growth not as a
direct source material for the chemicals.

Using manure as a source material for growth is normally called a
garden. ;%) Using manure to feed a culture that makes meat-like-stuff
is more direct but still the same general process.

"cow manure & compost" really a mulch? OhioGuy Gardening 8 27-03-2009 02:54 PM
Cow Manure Question sherwindu Gardening 6 25-07-2005 06:43 AM
dry cow manure Lee Gardening 4 28-09-2004 07:08 AM
Want to buy Mulch and bulk cow manure in Melbourne - advice please DeeJ Australia 0 25-10-2003 03:02 AM
Cow manure fertiliser Franz Heymann United Kingdom 43 07-10-2003 09:48 PM