GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Of Base (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/203607-base.html)

[email protected] 19-05-2012 02:39 PM

Of Base

According to my "google numbers" there a lot of folks look here a lot
yet no one says anything. Why is that?
MJ

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 20-05-2012 12:43 AM

Of Base

wrote:
According to my "google numbers" there a lot of folks look here a lot
yet no one says anything. Why is that?
MJ

Growing edibles is a dark and arcane art. As Grandmaster Fu Yu Tu once
remarked

Cold expectoration of winter upon the coruscating lemon.
Violence flares and lo microfloral allies exeunt!
The tiny grub of understanding finds refuge in the cauliflower,
but rarely in the cheese sauce.

David

[email protected] 20-05-2012 01:47 AM

Of Base

On May 19, 7:43*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
wrote:
According to my "google numbers" there a lot of folks look here a lot
yet no one says anything. Why is that?
MJ

Growing edibles is a dark and arcane art. *As Grandmaster Fu Yu Tu once
remarked

Cold expectoration of winter upon the coruscating lemon.
Violence flares and lo microfloral allies exeunt!
The tiny grub of understanding finds refuge in the cauliflower,
but rarely in the cheese sauce.

David

And I am understandable? Or was that the point?

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 20-05-2012 02:19 AM

Of Base

wrote:
According to my "google numbers" there a lot of folks look here a
lot yet no one says anything. Why is that?
MJ

Growing edibles is a dark and arcane art. As Grandmaster Fu Yu Tu
once remarked

Cold expectoration of winter upon the coruscating lemon.
Violence flares and lo microfloral allies exeunt!
The tiny grub of understanding finds refuge in the cauliflower,
but rarely in the cheese sauce.

David

And I am understandable? Or was that the point?

You were asking why there are many browsers of the NG but few posters.

[email protected] 20-05-2012 10:43 AM

Of Base

wrote:
According to my "google numbers" there a lot of folks look here a
lot yet no one says anything. Why is that?
MJ

Growing edibles is a dark and arcane art. As Grandmaster Fu Yu Tu
once remarked

Cold expectoration of winter upon the coruscating lemon.
Violence flares and lo microfloral allies exeunt!
The tiny grub of understanding finds refuge in the cauliflower,
but rarely in the cheese sauce.

David

And I am understandable? Or was that the point?

You were asking why there are many browsers of the NG but few posters.

Exactly, so is there an answer?

Bloke Down The Pub 20-05-2012 11:59 AM

Of Base

wrote:
According to my "google numbers" there a lot of folks look here a
lot yet no one says anything. Why is that?
MJ

Growing edibles is a dark and arcane art. As Grandmaster Fu Yu Tu
once remarked

Cold expectoration of winter upon the coruscating lemon.
Violence flares and lo microfloral allies exeunt!
The tiny grub of understanding finds refuge in the cauliflower,
but rarely in the cheese sauce.

David

And I am understandable? Or was that the point?

You were asking why there are many browsers of the NG but few posters.

Exactly, so is there an answer?

As I see it most posts are on topic, there are very few flame wars and once
an on topic question has been answered satisfactorily then the thread has no
more posts. Other "posters" still check the threads as they often contain
valuable information which is digested but not replied to.

All in my opinion and quite possibly erroneous.

Mike

[email protected] 20-05-2012 01:20 PM

Of Base

wrote:
[...]

That makes sense. I guess gardeners are folks of few words. And so I
guess this one is done :)

Doug Freyburger 20-05-2012 03:29 PM

Of Base

wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

You were asking why there are many browsers of the NG but few posters.

Exactly, so is there an answer?

As far back as there have been estimates of the number of readers on
UseNet that number has always been vastly larger than the number of
posters. The effect is not as strong as the small number of letters to
the editor compared to the high number of newspaper subscribers but it
is the same effect. Maybe because the name is "newsgroups" many treat
it like the newspaper and only read. Or maybe it is a lot more effort
to write than it is to read. Long ago I deliberately chose to post
actively to practice my writing skills rather like some people chose to
pursue every public speaking engagement they can to practice their
speech making skills.

Anyways, check the numbers for a bunch of other groups. The ratio is
not unique to RGE. It is Usenet wide. The numbers are similar but far
larger if you could take all UseNet readers - Google can only track its
own views and google is only one of many UseNet providers. It might not
even be the largest.

Gary Woods[_2_] 21-05-2012 12:20 PM

Of Base

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Cold expectoration of winter upon the coruscating lemon.

Sounds like Vogon poetry to me!