Old 29-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered User

Default Should i use codling moth trap?

Hi, I'm new to all this. I have a codling moth question. I have 2 apple trees in pots. bought last year. they had codling moth problems last year and a lot of fruit had to be thrown. We've moved house this year and I don't know of any apple trees in the area, we live in the middle of a city. I've bought a pheromone trap as on the rhs website it says for small numbers of trees it can help control them ( i know it's not primarily for control just detection but i only have 2 trees) I am worried if i use it, as the only apple trees that i know of in the area, it may actually attract codling moths rather than help with the problem, is it better just to leave be. I'm not into using insecticides. Thanks

Codling Moth and Entrust Bill Moats Edible Gardening 5 29-03-2004 12:59 AM
Codling Moth and Entrust Bill Moats Edible Gardening 0 02-03-2004 05:54 PM
Codling Moth Alistair Macdonald Gardening 6 07-10-2003 09:02 AM
Codling moth Alistair Macdonald Texas 0 04-10-2003 03:32 PM
codling moth Pickle United Kingdom 5 20-08-2003 11:02 PM