Old 10-07-2012, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Safer's BTK question.

I presume the alphanumeric codes stamped on the bottom of Safer's BTK
containers are some sort of "manufactured on" date code. Does anyone
know how to read this code? The code in question is A013008.
The instructions say BTK is best used within two years of the date of
manufacture. I don't want to go to the trouble of mixing and spraying
if this container is already *dead*.
However, in response to several inquiries made about the date of
manufacture, Woodstream, the parent company of Safer Products, has
failed to divulge this information.
If the stated *two years from date of manufacture* is indeed the case,
even if I buy another container, how do I know it hasn't been sitting
around at the garden center for two or more years already?
A friend is currently awaiting a reply to the same inquiry emailed to
Woodstream so I may have more on this later.

Southern Ontario, Canada.
Ag Canada Zone 5B
Old 10-07-2012, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , Ross@home
says...
I presume the alphanumeric codes stamped on the bottom of Safer's BTK
containers are some sort of "manufactured on" date code. Does anyone
know how to read this code? The code in question is A013008.
The instructions say BTK is best used within two years of the date of
manufacture. I don't want to go to the trouble of mixing and spraying
if this container is already *dead*.
However, in response to several inquiries made about the date of
manufacture, Woodstream, the parent company of Safer Products, has
failed to divulge this information.
If the stated *two years from date of manufacture* is indeed the case,
even if I buy another container, how do I know it hasn't been sitting
around at the garden center for two or more years already?
A friend is currently awaiting a reply to the same inquiry emailed to
Woodstream so I may have more on this later.

I've used BTK that was at least 10 years old and more likely 15 and it
worked. --- It was in the house when we moved here. ---It was the only
thing available on short notice when an elderly friend's roses were
being consumed by budworm so I tried it.

5 or six years later, I'm still using the same bottle, and the BTK is
doing its job just fine.

Your mileage may vary.
Old 28-05-2020, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

replying to Ross, Maxime wrote:
Have you found your answer?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/edible...ion-38665-.htm

Nicotine for pests... but electronic cigarette safer vipcig Edible Gardening 0 21-10-2009 12:23 PM
Safer-Soap (TM) Jim Carlock Gardening 3 27-07-2004 03:04 AM
Safer Spraying Tom Line Roses 2 14-06-2004 05:08 AM
GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOODS SAFER THAN ORGANIC David Kendra sci.agriculture 0 16-09-2003 03:20 AM