Old 17-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Registered User

Default Help Identifying a Chilli Pepper

Hi Guys,

I have a few chilli plants growing at the moment

Regular Chillies (don't know there correct name).
Jalapeno
Serrano
Habanero

One of my plants came from a seed in the regular chilli seeds pack but seems very different to all of the other plants I have.

Firstly, it is very small at only 18 inches tall, it is planted in a 20cm pot but isnt getting any bigger. My other plants are over 40" now. It seems like a happy little thing and is producing fruit nicely but this is the question, the fruit is nothing like the other plants either. The chillies are shorter but wider and very unusually shaped with twists and turns and grooves in them. They also have little bits sprouting from them.

I have attached images, can anyone advise on what they are or if they are just a freaky strain of a regular chilli.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/IMAG0296.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/IMAG0297.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/IMAG0298.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/IMAG0299.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...8/IMAG0300.jpg

Thanks,
Stevie
Old 17-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Registered User

Smile

Well I wish i could help but id like to complement you on being able to grow them at all this year , ive not been so succesfull with the terrible climate ive been experiencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post

Old 26-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Registered User

Location: North East England

I have never seen anything like them.....maybe the weather is making them like this?
Have you tested one to see how hot/fiery it is?