Old 25-07-2012, 03:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default More tomatoes

I just figured out that I have already picked 73 pounds of tomatoes
this season. And I still need to pick a few Jelly Bean tomatoes
today. Thank goodness the squash and cucumbers have slowed down
considerably. Guess tomorrow afternoon I will be canning my second
batch of Viva Italias.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
Old 25-07-2012, 04:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The Cook wrote:

I just figured out that I have already picked 73 pounds of tomatoes
this season. And I still need to pick a few Jelly Bean tomatoes
today. Thank goodness the squash and cucumbers have slowed down
considerably. Guess tomorrow afternoon I will be canning my second
batch of Viva Italias.

i had the first two cherry tomatoes yesterday,
so the deluge is starting here too. they were
divine.

happy canning.

songbird
Old 25-07-2012, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
songbird writes:
The Cook wrote:

I just figured out that I have already picked 73 pounds of tomatoes
this season. And I still need to pick a few Jelly Bean tomatoes
today. Thank goodness the squash and cucumbers have slowed down
considerably. Guess tomorrow afternoon I will be canning my second
batch of Viva Italias.

i had the first two cherry tomatoes yesterday,
so the deluge is starting here too. they were
divine.

Mine are fruitful but still all green.
[sigh]

--
|Drew Lawson | Mrs. Tweedy! |
| | The chickens are revolting! |
Old 25-07-2012, 05:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
songbird writes:
The Cook wrote:

I just figured out that I have already picked 73 pounds of tomatoes
this season. And I still need to pick a few Jelly Bean tomatoes
today. Thank goodness the squash and cucumbers have slowed down
considerably. Guess tomorrow afternoon I will be canning my second
batch of Viva Italias.

i had the first two cherry tomatoes yesterday,
so the deluge is starting here too. they were
divine.

Mine are fruitful but still all green.
[sigh]

Drew Lawson | Mrs. Tweedy! |
| The chickens are revolting! |

Mine are steadily producing , just a little more than we can eat ... but
not enough to can . Been giving what we can't eat to the neighbors .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Old 26-07-2012, 03:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
songbird writes:
The Cook wrote:

I just figured out that I have already picked 73 pounds of tomatoes
this season. And I still need to pick a few Jelly Bean tomatoes
today. Thank goodness the squash and cucumbers have slowed down
considerably. Guess tomorrow afternoon I will be canning my second
batch of Viva Italias.

i had the first two cherry tomatoes yesterday,
so the deluge is starting here too. they were
divine.

Mine are fruitful but still all green.
[sigh]

Mine are flowers.

Greg

Old 26-07-2012, 12:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The Cook said:

I just figured out that I have already picked 73 pounds of tomatoes
this season. And I still need to pick a few Jelly Bean tomatoes
today. Thank goodness the squash and cucumbers have slowed
down considerably. Guess tomorrow afternoon I will be canning
my second batch of Viva Italias.

The first cherry tomatoes (SunSugar, yum!) ripened July 4th and
coming
steady.

I've dried one small batch of Sweet Hearts (sort of a large grape
tomato).

Matina (small, early slicer) ripened one full truss already.

The first of the paste tomatoes are ripening.

Some of the large, late tomatoes are showing color.

(I've got 10 different varieties and 15 plants total.)

Alas, the cucumbers are wilting badly and the squash and
corn are very stressed.

But we've had the first serious rain in a long, long time this morning.
A whole 1/2 an inch!

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Old 29-07-2012, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"gregz" wrote in message
Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
songbird writes:
The Cook wrote:

I just figured out that I have already picked 73 pounds of tomatoes
this season. And I still need to pick a few Jelly Bean tomatoes
today. Thank goodness the squash and cucumbers have slowed down
considerably. Guess tomorrow afternoon I will be canning my second
batch of Viva Italias.

i had the first two cherry tomatoes yesterday,
so the deluge is starting here too. they were
divine.

Mine are fruitful but still all green.
[sigh]

Mine are flowers.

Greg

Mine finally set some fruit a week or 2 ago. It seems to have been a
slow process this year. ( Even the Earlies' are late)
But now the plants are growing a a rate that I put new ties on them on a
weekly basis.
Mid- August to the end of august is when I see ripe tomatoes.

Zone 6a

Cheers