GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First asparagus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/204743-first-asparagus.html)

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 08-08-2012 04:05 AM

First asparagus

It is still officially winter here but I cut the first asparagus of the
season here on Saturday. There was only about 15 stalks so at a dinner
party for 6, three hours later, they went in a flash.

David

Farm1[_4_] 08-08-2012 09:39 AM

First asparagus

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
It is still officially winter here but I cut the first asparagus of the
season here on Saturday. There was only about 15 stalks so at a dinner
party for 6, three hours later, they went in a flash.

Mutter, mutter, mutter.......

songbird[_2_] 08-08-2012 06:11 PM

First asparagus

Farm1 wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
It is still officially winter here but I cut the first asparagus of the
season here on Saturday. There was only about 15 stalks so at a dinner
party for 6, three hours later, they went in a flash.

:p

Mutter, mutter, mutter.......

beat me to it. :)

songbird

furpo 18-10-2012 12:55 PM

As a lad in southern Australia used to cut asparagus to supplement apprentice wage. Now grow UC 157 F2 and "Fat *******" varieties. Both are UCLA inspired. Olive tree UCL type 13 is also superior. It's spring and warm here in Rosebud south of Melbourne. what varieties of asparagus are happy with UK climate?