Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Even more tomatoes

Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"The Cook" wrote in message
Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.

It may please you to know that at the current sale price in our supermarket
you have just earned approximately $260. That came to mind as I imagined
carting 103 pounds of anything home from a shopping trip.

Mike

Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Bloke Down The Pub" wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.

It may please you to know that at the current sale price in our supermarket
you have just earned approximately $260. That came to mind as I imagined
carting 103 pounds of anything home from a shopping trip.

I was amused to note that my nearly worthless potato patch (as
considered in terms of what a normal bag of potatoes I would actually
buy goes for) looked much better fiscally if compared to "local organic
new potatoes" that I would be unlikely to buy.

Tomatoes finally coming on line here. Went to all-cherry some years
back, and remain happy with that choice (when they split, they are
usually ripe and still edible, and when one is bad, it's not the tragedy
that a 2lb tomato is when you have to toss it.)

Old 15-08-2012, 05:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:55:15 -0400, The Cook wrote:

Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.

Where are you located? I'm having a lousy year, I'm in Massachusetts. My
Sun Golds just started to ripen a week ago, I usually start getting Sun
Golds in min July and by mid August I usually have thousands of them. This
year I'm worried that I won't have enough to make sauce.
Old 15-08-2012, 06:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 15 Aug 2012 16:27:39 GMT, General Schvantzkoph
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:55:15 -0400, The Cook wrote:

Today DH & I picked 103 pounds of tomatoes, mostly Viva Italia. Looks
like I will be busy canning for a while.

That makes 287 pounds so far this season. And the season is not over.

Where are you located? I'm having a lousy year, I'm in Massachusetts. My
Sun Golds just started to ripen a week ago, I usually start getting Sun
Golds in min July and by mid August I usually have thousands of them. This
year I'm worried that I won't have enough to make sauce.

Check my sig line.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills
USDA Zone 7a
To find your extension office
http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html

Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative Charlie[_2_] Gardening 127 15-06-2007 06:11 AM
Even more dilapidated roses Padraig Garden Photos 1 04-01-2007 10:44 AM
Red Tomatoes disappear even inside "cage" faye Edible Gardening 12 09-08-2004 04:58 PM
even more new roses torgo Roses 2 29-04-2003 03:32 PM
OT, Daily mail scam cash prize game? Even more OT :-(( Mike United Kingdom 0 09-02-2003 06:49 PM