GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Kale mold or mildew (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/205263-kale-mold-mildew.html)

Frank Miles 24-09-2012 08:45 PM

Kale mold or mildew

As the sun is getting lower in the sky with each fall day, our kale is
developing a milky-white mold or mildew on its leaves. Otherwise it
looks pretty healthy. Can anyone recommend a non-toxic method for
putting off the inevitable as long as possible?

Googling I found a reference to spraying with a dilute milk solution.
Didn't work for me.

TIA!

[Pacific NW garden]

john115 27-11-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Miles (Post 969494)
As the sun is getting lower in the sky with each fall day, our kale is
developing a milky-white mold or mildew on its leaves. Otherwise it
looks pretty healthy. Can anyone recommend a non-toxic method for
putting off the inevitable as long as possible?

Googling I found a reference to spraying with a dilute milk solution.
Didn't work for me.

TIA!

[Pacific NW garden]

You can just remove the affected leaves, Kale is a tough plant and as long as it has at least 8 or so leaves left it will be strong enough to carry on. hope this helps