GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Peppers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/206142-peppers.html)

[email protected] 10-01-2013 03:57 PM

Peppers

I started my peppers this morning. I am not putting my usual way too many plants this year. I found some in the freezer yesterday from 2010. I had some pretty good success last year with Bells for the first time so I am going to focus mainly on them this year.
MJ

Dick Adams[_2_] 14-01-2013 02:15 AM

Peppers

wrote:
I started my peppers this morning. I am not putting my usual
way too many plants this year. I found some in the freezer
yesterday from 2010. I had some pretty good success last year
with Bells for the first time so I am going to focus mainly on
them this year.

2012 was a garden disaster year for me. My Bell peppers, tomatoes,
eggplant were even worth planting. My Habenaros were ok, but half
the crop I had in 2011.

Where do you live that you're starting plants in January?

Dick

[email protected] 14-01-2013 10:59 AM

Peppers

On Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:15:49 PM UTC-5, Dick Adams wrote:
wrote:

I started my peppers this morning. I am not putting my usual

way too many plants this year. I found some in the freezer

yesterday from 2010. I had some pretty good success last year

with Bells for the first time so I am going to focus mainly on

them this year.

2012 was a garden disaster year for me. My Bell peppers, tomatoes,

eggplant were even worth planting. My Habenaros were ok, but half

the crop I had in 2011.

Where do you live that you're starting plants in January?

Dick

I am in South Eastern North Carolina. I start seed in the little dehydrated peat pots, move them into the greenhouse and put them in the ground April 1st.
MJ

Dick Adams[_2_] 15-01-2013 04:22 AM

Peppers

wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:
wrote:

I started my peppers this morning. I am not putting my usual
way too many plants this year. I found some in the freezer
yesterday from 2010. I had some pretty good success last year
with Bells for the first time so I am going to focus mainly on
them this year.

2012 was a garden disaster year for me. My Bell peppers, tomatoes,
eggplant were even worth planting. My Habeneros were ok, but half
the crop I had in 2011.

Where do you live that you're starting plants in January?

I am in South Eastern North Carolina. I start seed in the little dehydrated
peat pots, move them into the greenhouse and put them in the ground April 1st.

I envy you. Not for getting your peppers in the ground a month ahead of me.
But for living in the Promised Land of North Carolina. I'll be coming home
in about three years.

Dick

[email protected] 15-01-2013 09:43 AM

Peppers

On Monday, January 14, 2013 11:22:59 PM UTC-5, Dick Adams wrote:
wrote:

Dick Adams wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Where are you from? Where are you now?