GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "Gunny" sacks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/206701-gunny-sacks.html)

Steve B[_7_] 01-04-2013 05:17 PM

"Gunny" sacks

When I lived in Louisiana, I could go to the local feed store and buy
"gunny" sacks (burlap) for about a quarter. In my state, they are not
available much. Does anyone know an online source for cheap with decent
shipping rates? I need some to bag some pecans.

Steve

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 02-04-2013 10:48 PM

"Gunny" sacks

Steve B wrote:
When I lived in Louisiana, I could go to the local feed store and buy
"gunny" sacks (burlap) for about a quarter. In my state, they are not
available much. Does anyone know an online source for cheap with
decent shipping rates? I need some to bag some pecans.

Steve

In these parts there are very few natural fibre sacks left at all. Most
bagged supplies like chook food, fertiliser, etc are in synthetic fibre
bags. These are OK for a while expecially if you keep them out of the sun.

David