GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What? This stuff again? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/207002-what-stuff-again.html)

Shorti 02-05-2013 10:08 PM

What? This stuff again?

I tilled my garden Sunday and Wednesday night we got almost 11 inches of the
cold white stuff again with four more predicted.
Chippewa County, Wisconsin

Shorti

songbird[_2_] 03-05-2013 04:58 AM

What? This stuff again?

Shorti wrote:

I tilled my garden Sunday and Wednesday night we got almost 11 inches of the
cold white stuff again with four more predicted.
Chippewa County, Wisconsin

nothing about snow happening at odd times
that far north would surprise me by much.
after living up there for 15 years i don't
miss it too bad either. hang in there, it
melts fast. don't blink spring goes quick.

songbird

Billy[_10_] 03-05-2013 10:13 PM

What? This stuff again?

In article ,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Shorti" wrote:

I tilled my garden Sunday and Wednesday night we got almost 11 inches of
the
cold white stuff again with four more predicted.
Chippewa County, Wisconsin

Shorti

Then again, Fire Season just opened in Northern California.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...509939/1033/ne
ws?Title=Crews-make-progress-on-area-wildfires
A 125-acre wildland fire in the Knights Valley area northwest of
Calistoga (Napa Valley) was only 60 percent contained early Thursday but
had not grown overnight and was expected to be fully surrounded some
time Thursday, Cal Fire said.

And the news from southern California,
"'Monster' California wildfire reaches ocean, pushes toward Malibu"
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...r-california-w
ildfire-reaches-ocean-pushes-toward-malibu?lite

I'm planting corn, and melons this year. I just got a hunch we may get
some serious heat.

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.

zxcvbob 07-05-2013 07:45 PM

What? This stuff again?

Shorti wrote:
I tilled my garden Sunday and Wednesday night we got almost 11 inches of
the cold white stuff again with four more predicted.
Chippewa County, Wisconsin

Shorti

We got about 17 inches in southern MN. It's almost gone now, except
where it got pushed into be piles. A heavy wet snow after the ground
has thawed ought to have broken our drought without causing much
flooding; that's a very good thing.

I still hate the white stuff tho'.

Bob