GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   green bean finale (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/207197-green-bean-finale.html)

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 21-05-2013 08:27 AM

green bean finale

The first frost of the season was last night. It wasn't heavy but the beans
are wrecked. Not a bad performance though as they have been producing
solidly since October. Today I pulled them out and collected the remaining
pods, enough for dinner tonight.

songbird[_2_] 21-05-2013 03:42 PM

green bean finale

David Hare-Scott wrote:

The first frost of the season was last night. It wasn't heavy but the beans
are wrecked. Not a bad performance though as they have been producing
solidly since October. Today I pulled them out and collected the remaining
pods, enough for dinner tonight.

:)

did you plant more than one crop of
them?

songbird

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 22-05-2013 12:55 AM

green bean finale

songbird wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:

The first frost of the season was last night. It wasn't heavy but
the beans are wrecked. Not a bad performance though as they have
been producing solidly since October. Today I pulled them out and
collected the remaining pods, enough for dinner tonight.

:)

did you plant more than one crop of
them?

songbird

No, these were the originals planted in September.

songbird[_2_] 22-05-2013 03:05 PM

green bean finale

David Hare-Scott wrote:
songbird wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:

The first frost of the season was last night. It wasn't heavy but
the beans are wrecked. Not a bad performance though as they have
been producing solidly since October. Today I pulled them out and
collected the remaining pods, enough for dinner tonight.

:)

did you plant more than one crop of
them?

No, these were the originals planted in September.

cool beans!

as they used to say.

i should modify that to go like:

cool, beans!