GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   more radishes than I can eat in salads (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/207421-more-radishes-than-i-can-eat-salads.html)

rlz 13-06-2013 09:46 PM

more radishes than I can eat in salads

Does anyone have any uses for radishes, other than putting them in a
garden salad? I grew more than my wife can eat in salads. Can you
freeze them? BTW, I'm a novice gardner.

Robin

songbird[_2_] 13-06-2013 10:13 PM

rlz wrote:
Does anyone have any uses for radishes, other than putting them in a
garden salad? I grew more than my wife can eat in salads. Can you
freeze them? BTW, I'm a novice gardner.

do you like saurkraut?

they can be shredded and treated just like cabbage
(pretty much almost any brassica is good fermented).

songbird

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 14-06-2013 12:06 AM

rlz wrote:
Does anyone have any uses for radishes, other than putting them in a
garden salad? I grew more than my wife can eat in salads. Can you
freeze them? BTW, I'm a novice gardner.

Robin

They can be pickled in vinegar, salt and sugar to make a component of
antipasto.

[email protected] 14-06-2013 09:48 AM

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:46:22 PM UTC-4, rlz wrote:
Does anyone have any uses for radishes, other than putting them in a

garden salad? I grew more than my wife can eat in salads. Can you

freeze them? BTW, I'm a novice gardner.

Robin

Sliced thin and baked as in chips according to our daughter
MJ

Steve Peek[_2_] 14-06-2013 03:18 PM

more radishes than I can eat in salads

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:46:22 PM UTC-4, rlz wrote:
Does anyone have any uses for radishes, other than putting them in a

garden salad? I grew more than my wife can eat in salads. Can you

freeze them? BTW, I'm a novice gardner.

Robin

Let them go to seed, then blanch and freeze the seed pods. They're great in stir fry.

zxcvbob 15-06-2013 09:01 PM

rlz wrote:
Does anyone have any uses for radishes, other than putting them in a
garden salad? I grew more than my wife can eat in salads. Can you
freeze them? BTW, I'm a novice gardner.

Robin

Boiled, they make a pretty good soup.

Bob