GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Epsom Salts Results (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/207939-epsom-salts-results.html)

[email protected] 31-07-2013 02:19 PM

Epsom Salts Results

A while back I asked the group about using Epsom Salts. Thanks again for all of your responses. I wanted to tell everyone that this is the best crop of Peppers I have ever grown. The Bells are formed the way they should be and the walls are thick. The flavor is amazing, the skins are not tough at all. I am a believer forever now.

As for the other stuff, zucchini, yellow and cucumbers, not so much. I am working on a second planting now and hoping for the best.

MJ

David Hare-Scott[_2_] 31-07-2013 11:48 PM

Epsom Salts Results

wrote:
A while back I asked the group about using Epsom Salts. Thanks again
for all of your responses. I wanted to tell everyone that this is the
best crop of Peppers I have ever grown. The Bells are formed the way
they should be and the walls are thick. The flavor is amazing, the
skins are not tough at all. I am a believer forever now.

As for the other stuff, zucchini, yellow and cucumbers, not so much.
I am working on a second planting now and hoping for the best.

MJ

Consider applying megnesium in a more stable form (eg dolomite) to get a
longer term effect. Magnesium sulphate is very soluble and will tend to
leach out quickly especially from sandy soils.