GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vitis Lincecumii seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/209522-vitis-lincecumii-seeds.html)

[email protected] 10-04-2014 11:11 PM

Vitis Lincecumii seeds

Is anyone familiar with the Wild Grape, Vitis lincecumii, "Post Oak Grape" ?
I'd like to get some seeds of it.

[email protected] 03-06-2014 02:25 AM

Vitis Lincecumii seeds

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:11:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Is anyone familiar with the Wild Grape, Vitis lincecumii, "Post Oak Grape" ?

I'd like to get some seeds of it.

I realize this is a month old or so but I just came across it and saw you hadn't got any responses. If you still around then Yes, it grows wild in my area in limited numbers. I know where several wild female vines are at. Fruit is usually rapidly devoured by raccoon's and opossums but I should be able to get you some seeds if you like. I am pretty far south, near houston, so I doubt the local lincecumii will be anywhere near as cold hardy as the more northern lincecumii munson used in his breeding work, but it is probably more PD resistant. I don't know your location so I don't know it the more southern locality would be a positive or a negative for you.

[email protected] 03-06-2014 02:28 AM

Vitis Lincecumii seeds

On Monday, June 2, 2014 8:25:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:11:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Is anyone familiar with the Wild Grape, Vitis lincecumii, "Post Oak Grape" ?

I'd like to get some seeds of it.

I realize this is a month old or so but I just came across it and saw you hadn't got any responses. If you still around then yes, it grows wild in my area in limited numbers. I know where several wild female vines are at. Fruit is usually rapidly devoured by raccoon's and opossums but I should be able to get you some seeds if you like. I am pretty far south, near houston, so I doubt the local lincecumii will be anywhere near as cold hardy as the more northern lincecumii munson used in his breeding work, but it is probably more PD resistant. I don't know your location so I don't know if the more southern locality would be a positive or a negative for you.