GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pointy Cucumbers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/210065-pointy-cucumbers.html)

[email protected] 23-06-2014 01:14 PM

Pointy Cucumbers

What is causing this?
MJ

Drew Lawson[_2_] 23-06-2014 02:15 PM

Pointy Cucumbers

In article
" writes:
What is causing this?

When I have asked in previous years, the most likely answer was
incomplete pollination. Inconsistent watering was another suggestion.

My cucumbers just started blooming, but I transplanted some of my
extra zinnias to the vegetable garden this weekend. That should
help increase the pollinator traffic.

--
In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the
last resort of the scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened

George Shirley[_3_] 23-06-2014 04:06 PM

Pointy Cucumbers

On 6/23/2014 7:14 AM, wrote:
What is causing this?
MJ

Not enough water or sunshine generally causes that. Then there's fast
growth, to much water and sunshine can cause short fat, pointy cukes.
Gardening is, at best, a roll of the dice when it comes to weather.
Pointy cukes are still edible, they just ain't purty.