GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Another blackberry delight (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/210278-another-blackberry-delight.html)

Terry Coombs 19-07-2014 04:18 PM

Another blackberry delight

The wife just made me a pie , used fresh berries , whipped topping , and
cream cheese , I think . ****ed me off , she licked the mix bowl and barely
left me a taste . Now I have to wait for the pie to chill .
Worth the wait ? You betcha !
--
Snag

Bob F 24-07-2014 08:51 PM

Terry Coombs wrote:
The wife just made me a pie , used fresh berries , whipped topping ,
and cream cheese , I think . ****ed me off , she licked the mix bowl
and barely left me a taste . Now I have to wait for the pie to chill .
Worth the wait ? You betcha !

Try making an apple pie, and sprinkleing a layer of blackberries on top before
the crust is added. Great flavor, without the intense blast of straight
blackberry. I call it a Blappleberry pie.

Terry Coombs 25-07-2014 05:40 AM

Bob F wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
The wife just made me a pie , used fresh berries , whipped topping ,
and cream cheese , I think . ****ed me off , she licked the mix bowl
and barely left me a taste . Now I have to wait for the pie to chill
. Worth the wait ? You betcha !

Try making an apple pie, and sprinkleing a layer of blackberries on
top before the crust is added. Great flavor, without the intense
blast of straight blackberry. I call it a Blappleberry pie.

She's the baked , usually sweet treats half of this partnership - but
I'll recommend it to her . I'm more mundane , meat-n-taters and a salad for
dinner . Though I must admit to the occasional stir-fry or grilled squash
garlic oil is my secret .

--
Snag