GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What are these weeds? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/210747-what-these-weeds.html)

[email protected] 11-10-2014 05:30 PM

What are these weeds?

My garden has been taken over by 2 types of weeds. One is a short clumpy grass that has a brown top on it. The other ones look like oak seed pods only green with a redish stem. I do have photos if some one can tell me how to attach them to a note. I have never had them before and can not figure out where they came from. I don't want next year to be like this year so if there are any ideas help would be appreciated
MJ

Frank 11-10-2014 06:03 PM

What are these weeds?

On 10/11/2014 12:30 PM, wrote:
My garden has been taken over by 2 types of weeds. One is a short clumpy grass that has a brown top on it. The other ones look like oak seed pods only green with a redish stem. I do have photos if some one can tell me how to attach them to a note. I have never had them before and can not figure out where they came from. I don't want next year to be like this year so if there are any ideas help would be appreciated
MJ

Upload to a free site like this:

http://tinypic.com/

and post the url.

[email protected] 11-10-2014 07:45 PM

What are these weeds?

On Saturday, October 11, 2014 1:03:49 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 10/11/2014 12:30 PM, wrote:

My garden has been taken over by 2 types of weeds. One is a short clumpy grass that has a brown top on it. The other ones look like oak seed pods only green with a redish stem. I do have photos if some one can tell me how to attach them to a note. I have never had them before and can not figure out where they came from. I don't want next year to be like this year so if there are any ideas help would be appreciated

MJ

Upload to a free site like this:

http://tinypic.com/

and post the url.

Thanks, I can't get it to work. Maybe when the programmer gets home. Anyway in the mean time I have spent the last hours searching. I have found one, Chamberbitter. The other one has leaves like carpet weed at ground level, grows about 2 inches and there is another row of the same type leave and then a stem that goes to flower/seed. The seed flower/pods are redish brown.

It looks like both are sooo seedy that they are going to be difficult to get rid of. I think the next step is to look into what I can spray this stuff with before planting next year. Wintering with black plastic is out of the question, I did that last year and all it created was a horrible invasion of voles.
MJ

Fran Farmer 13-10-2014 03:30 AM

What are these weeds?

wrote:

[...]