GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Until it freezes ... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/210824-until-freezes.html)

Terry Coombs 27-10-2014 03:04 AM

Until it freezes ...

We'll be eating salads that are at least in part from our garden . Bok
Choy is just freakin' out , lettuce is doing OK and the spinach is lagging
.... but we've still got lots of green onions in the ground and the cherry
toms are still producing . Fresh is just SO much better than the stuff they
sell at the grocery store !
--
Snag

Steve Peek[_2_] 27-10-2014 04:04 PM

Until it freezes ...

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:05:02 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
We'll be eating salads that are at least in part from our garden . Bok
Choy is just freakin' out , lettuce is doing OK and the spinach is lagging
... but we've still got lots of green onions in the ground and the cherry
toms are still producing . Fresh is just SO much better than the stuff they
sell at the grocery store !
--
Snag

We've had a couple of hard frosts, so the tender stuff is gone until next year.
Florida broadleaf mustard is great this year, 18-20 inch leaves and still tender!
Turnips and collards are getting sweet as well, still finding cabbage worms though.
Steve