Old 07-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Angel

Default relocating my garden?

Hi, I'm new here and I had a question about if I should relocate my garden
after planting vegetables in it for 7 years. I've added soil to it last
year but I noticed that it still came out very dry and hard..there seems to
be allot of clay in my soil now. Is it a good idea to relocate the gardens
or just adding more stuff in it should do it?

Thanks in advance..
Danielle

Old 07-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Brian

More then likely the soil is the same at other parts of your land. It is
best to add lots of organic stuff, like grass, straw, leaves, compost,
mushroom soil, ect. Plant cover crops on area's that are empty and till
them under a few weeks before you want to plant there.

Old 08-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Dwayne

You do need to rotate your crops. Depending on what you are growing, every
3 years you can grow the same thing in the same place. That reduces the
amount of bug and disease problems.

Add organic materials, as Brian said, and try to bring your soil back to
where it was. I also like to add a little sand to make the water drain
better.

Dwayne