Old 12-02-2016, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Howard rotavator clutch adjustment

I have just fitted a new engine to a Howard 350 rotavator and connecting
up. Just found that the clutch adjustment is missing at the lever end.
This is a bit like the cable adjusters you get bike brakes. This means
that I can not operate the clutch as the wire is too long. I have been
looking on line and found new cable ( at a price!) but they do not appear
to have the adjuster fitted. Does anyone know where I can get a new
adjuster or know of a good fix.

Hope this all makes sense.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Forman4me wrote:
I have just fitted a new engine to a Howard 350 rotavator and
connecting up. Just found that the clutch adjustment is missing at
the lever end. This is a bit like the cable adjusters you get bike
brakes. This means that I can not operate the clutch as the wire is
too long. I have been looking on line and found new cable ( at a
price!) but they do not appear to have the adjuster fitted. Does
anyone know where I can get a new adjuster or know of a good fix.

Hope this all makes sense.

Post a picture somewhere . It's possible a machinist can make something , or
some one with a mechanical aptitude can make it work . Maybe some kind of
spacer ?

--
Snag

Old 12-02-2016, 08:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Terry Coombs wrote:
Forman4me wrote:
I have just fitted a new engine to a Howard 350 rotavator and
connecting up. Just found that the clutch adjustment is missing at
the lever end. This is a bit like the cable adjusters you get bike
brakes. This means that I can not operate the clutch as the wire is
too long. I have been looking on line and found new cable ( at a
price!) but they do not appear to have the adjuster fitted. Does
anyone know where I can get a new adjuster or know of a good fix.

Hope this all makes sense.

Post a picture somewhere . It's possible a machinist can make something , or
some one with a mechanical aptitude can make it work . Maybe some kind of
spacer ?

if it is a cable with a plug at the end you can
pull it tight and use something to make a new plug
(bolt, nut)...

songbird
Old 12-02-2016, 02:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Forman4me wrote:
I have just fitted a new engine to a Howard 350 rotavator and
connecting up. Just found that the clutch adjustment is missing at
the lever end. This is a bit like the cable adjusters you get bike
brakes. This means that I can not operate the clutch as the wire is
too long. I have been looking on line and found new cable ( at a
price!) but they do not appear to have the adjuster fitted. Does
anyone know where I can get a new adjuster or know of a good fix.

Hope this all makes sense.

Post a picture somewhere . It's possible a machinist can make
something , or some one with a mechanical aptitude can make it work
. Maybe some kind of spacer ?

if it is a cable with a plug at the end you can
pull it tight and use something to make a new plug
(bolt, nut)...

songbird

Well , I was thinking something like a sleeve to space the cable housing
away from the clutch lever assembly . We don't know what the skill set of
the OP is ... Wouldn't be a problem here , I have a pretty well equipped
machine shop .
--
Snag