GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   spray bottle? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/212714-spray-bottle.html)

T[_4_] 12-05-2016 05:39 PM

spray bottle?

Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

T[_4_] 12-05-2016 05:41 PM

spray bottle?

On 05/12/2016 09:39 AM, T wrote:
pub up

pump up

Frank 12-05-2016 05:48 PM

spray bottle?

On 5/12/2016 12:39 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

For small weed jobs I'll reuse empty shower spray bottles.

T[_4_] 12-05-2016 06:12 PM

spray bottle?

On 05/12/2016 09:48 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/12/2016 12:39 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

For small weed jobs I'll reuse empty shower spray bottles.

I was trying not to get aerosol all over my cloths (20% vinegar).
Do these shower bottles have wands on them?

Frank 12-05-2016 06:28 PM

spray bottle?

On 5/12/2016 12:39 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

For small weed jobs I'll reuse empty shower spray bottles.

I was trying not to get aerosol all over my cloths (20% vinegar).
Do these shower bottles have wands on them?

No wands but not messy. Not sure how 20% vinegar affects skin but
suspect it is not a big problem.

Terry Coombs 12-05-2016 08:43 PM

spray bottle?

T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

Which reminded me to go out and spray some grass/weeds in my berry patch .
O'm using an old spray bottl that useta have cleaner of some kind in it .
Thanks !

--
Snag

George Shirley[_3_] 12-05-2016 11:31 PM

spray bottle?

On 5/12/2016 11:39 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

Go to the nearest supermarket and look around, I use cheap spray bottles
that you can change the spray on. Usually less than 3 bucks US.

George

Frank 13-05-2016 12:22 AM

spray bottle?

On 5/12/2016 6:31 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 5/12/2016 11:39 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

Go to the nearest supermarket and look around, I use cheap spray bottles
that you can change the spray on. Usually less than 3 bucks US.

George

Dollar store has them too.

Ecnerwal 13-05-2016 04:48 PM

spray bottle?

In article , Frank "frank
wrote:

No wands but not messy. Not sure how 20% vinegar affects skin but
suspect it is not a big problem.

I suspect you haven't read the MSDS...

T[_4_] 13-05-2016 05:47 PM

spray bottle?

On 5/12/2016 11:39 AM, T wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone have a favorite pub up spray bottle for spot targeting weeds
with vinegar with a triggered wand? (I tried a $12.00 one from
Amazon, but it broke, which is to be expected at $12.00).)

Many thanks,
-T

Go to the nearest supermarket and look around, I use cheap spray bottles
that you can change the spray on. Usually less than 3 bucks US.

George

Dollar store has them too.

I was hoping for something with a wand on it, so I can directly
soak the poor dears and not waste expensive vinegar.

Oh ya! Before the $12.00 thingy broke, it kill the poor
dears (free organic matter, as Songbird call them) really
well.

T[_4_] 13-05-2016 05:48 PM

spray bottle?

On 05/13/2016 08:48 AM, Ecnerwal wrote:
In article , Frank "frank
wrote:

No wands but not messy. Not sure how 20% vinegar affects skin but
suspect it is not a big problem.

I suspect you haven't read the MSDS...

The part about its effect on your eyes is
a real trip to read!

Frank 13-05-2016 06:21 PM

spray bottle?

On 5/13/2016 11:48 AM, Ecnerwal wrote:
In article , Frank "frank
wrote:

No wands but not messy. Not sure how 20% vinegar affects skin but
suspect it is not a big problem.

I suspect you haven't read the MSDS...

Why should I? I'm not the one working with it.
But, did google up a couple and worse than I would have thought since
you can drink 5% acetic acid.
Also suspect that this concentration has not been fully tested and they
use the worst warnings from 100% acetic acid.
I write SDS's and when confronted with the situation where the mixture
has not been tested do this all the time.

Ecnerwal 13-05-2016 07:24 PM

spray bottle?

In article , T wrote:

I was hoping for something with a wand on it, so I can directly
soak the poor dears and not waste expensive vinegar.

I have a D.B. Smith 1-gallon sprayer - I had to go look at it to see
what brand it was, and I have no idea what I paid for it, since it was a
long time ago. It still works. I do rinse it out after use and have not
used high-test vinegar in it.

I have no idea if its build quality or location is the same as the
current products under the same name.

One thing I liked about the version I have (seems not to be the same on
what I see in current products) was that it was designed to work well
hung by a strap - location of liquid pickup was such that when strapped,
the pickup is right in the bottom.