GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   free plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/213047-free-plants.html)

T[_4_] 01-07-2016 11:58 PM

free plants

Hi All,

I was at a customer site yesterday when the local potted plant grower
came by to pick up his unsold plants. Now I can't sprout anything as
the accursed earwigs eat them. So no eggplant this year.

Anyway, I asked the guy if he had any eggplant left. He said sure
and gave me a 16" tall eggplant he could sell. Yours to keep.
So, growing in his pot versus grown in my yard, not much
difference. And it is still alive today.

And I bought another close out eggplant and two heirloom chimayo
peppers from Wal mart. They are alive today too. Go figure!

So, maybe I will get some eggplant this season!

Transplanted some tomatillo that sprouted up in my old
garden to holes were I "was" going to put eggplant and
new Amarillo tomatillo. They are still alive today too.
Huh. I kill everything I touch.

Also of interest, I had to dig a bigger hole in one of my previous
holes for the huge potted eggplant. Had to remove two cantaloupe
sized rocks to make it deeper. This hole I had filled with weeds
a month earlier. I could find no sign of the weeds, so mother
nature had done its thing!

Accursed earwigs!

-T