GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Problem reduced ... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/213079-problem-reduced.html)

Terry Coombs 06-07-2016 01:58 PM

Problem reduced ...

Though maybe not eliminated . Trapped a 'possum night before last out in the
garden , he (definitely male) has gone to his reward - hey , vultures and
other scavengers gotta eat too ! I offered him to a neighbor that likes such
exotic fare for his dinner table first , but he declined . I sure as
stuffin' wasn't about to turn that thing loose to dig up my garden some more
..
Time will tell , but I think there was only one . We need a dog ! When we
had Goldie (RIP) , we never had a problem with small critters , just an
occasional deer munched plant or two , and less of that than we now have .
--
Snag

songbird[_2_] 07-07-2016 12:14 PM

Problem reduced ...

Terry Coombs wrote:

Though maybe not eliminated . Trapped a 'possum night before last out in the
garden , he (definitely male) has gone to his reward - hey , vultures and
other scavengers gotta eat too ! I offered him to a neighbor that likes such
exotic fare for his dinner table first , but he declined . I sure as
stuffin' wasn't about to turn that thing loose to dig up my garden some more
.

it's rare that if you have one you don't
have more.

Time will tell , but I think there was only one . We need a dog ! When we
had Goldie (RIP) , we never had a problem with small critters , just an
occasional deer munched plant or two , and less of that than we now have .

good luck! :)

i understand why gardening of old often involved
having someone guarding the place...

songbird