Old 25-08-2016, 02:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default More rain

Got up at 0600 this morning and a gentle rain was falling. Garden and
flowers all are perking up again and the grass is getting tall. We're
grateful for the gentle rain instead of a hellacious rain fall.

Spring/summer garden is about done. The three kale plants we planted
have been trimmed so much they look like three feet tall palm trees.
Wife does love her kale, cooked, fried, turned into chips, etc. It just
doesn't taste like food to me but I still eat some occasionally for the
vitamins and minerals.

Probably by next month we will be planting the fall garden, after we
amend the soil of course. The single sweet pepper left over from spring
a year ago is still producing great amounts of small peppers. We have so
many in the freezer they're given to the church pantry once a week and,
it seems, the folks there do like them. I'm wondering if the plant will
make another year if we have a warm winter again.

Eldest granddaughter is getting married early in September so we will be
hosting some relatives coming in for the wedding, Miz Anne's two younger
sisters will be with us for two weeks. That should perk her up a bit.

George