Old 01-09-2016, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default One smart tomato.

We are having a bumper tomato crop this year and are keeping busy BWB
canning them. We do get some misshapen tomatoes in the bunch but we
got one really brainy one this morning.
http://tinypic.com/r/20f37k/9

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada
Old 01-09-2016, 05:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/1/2016 9:49 AM, wrote:
We are having a bumper tomato crop this year and are keeping busy BWB
canning them. We do get some misshapen tomatoes in the bunch but we
got one really brainy one this morning.
http://tinypic.com/r/20f37k/9

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hang on to it Ross, I'm turning 77 this month and I may need it to
replace my old brain. G

That is one weird tomato.

Our tomato crop for this year so far, has been dismal, small, odd
shaped, no taste tomatoes, pulled the last plant up about a month ago.
This has been one of our hottest summers in a long time.

George
Old 01-09-2016, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 11:16:18 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

On 9/1/2016 9:49 AM, wrote:
We are having a bumper tomato crop this year and are keeping busy BWB
canning them. We do get some misshapen tomatoes in the bunch but we
got one really brainy one this morning.
http://tinypic.com/r/20f37k/9

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hang on to it Ross, I'm turning 77 this month and I may need it to
replace my old brain. G

Sorry George, I'll turn 82 next month so it's already spoken for :-).

Happy birthday to you anyway.
Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada
Old 01-09-2016, 10:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 9/1/2016 1:06 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 11:16:18 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

On 9/1/2016 9:49 AM,
wrote:
We are having a bumper tomato crop this year and are keeping busy BWB
canning them. We do get some misshapen tomatoes in the bunch but we
got one really brainy one this morning.
http://tinypic.com/r/20f37k/9

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hang on to it Ross, I'm turning 77 this month and I may need it to
replace my old brain. G

Sorry George, I'll turn 82 next month so it's already spoken for :-).

Happy birthday to you anyway.
Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada

Damn, I can't ever win contests. If I live to 82 that will be a totally
new family male age. Most of our women live to 88 to 89, MIL lived to
100 + 8 months, her cousin lived to 101+ but all those women were
coddled all their lives. We hearty men just manage to get along. G

I do find that a couple of naps a day keep me and the little dog happy.
Just got up from one and feel the urge for another. Alas, I have to
start cooking for the women around 1700 hours or they may get angry.

It's cloudy and 102F on the back porch, I am hoping for a nice rain but
not a hurricane rain. I am amazed at the Gypsy pepper in the long bed,
we planted it in the spring of 2015 and it is still producing peppers on
a regular basis.

George
Far North of Kuykendahl Road, Harris Cty, Texas, sitting in the middle
of thousands of little boxes all in a row.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:
We are having a bumper tomato crop this year and are keeping busy BWB
canning them. We do get some misshapen tomatoes in the bunch but we
got one really brainy one this morning.
http://tinypic.com/r/20f37k/9

that looks like many of our tomatoes this
year too. a lot of loss during cleaning
and chopping due to stem throughout the
fruit. figure it is the heat and water
related, even if we've kept up watering it
has been so hot and dry for so long (until the
past few weeks) that i doubt we could keep
up with the needs of these huge fruits.

as it was i have been surprised by how
few BER tomatoes or tomatoes rotting on
the plants. a few have been broken
while trying to get them off the plants
as they are so large and wedged in there.

i think we're about 2/3 of the way through
harvesting. a large enough crop for sure to
keep us busy for a few more weeks.

songbird

Old 02-09-2016, 06:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 09/01/2016 07:49 AM, wrote:
We are having a bumper tomato crop this year and are keeping busy BWB
canning them. We do get some misshapen tomatoes in the bunch but we
got one really brainy one this morning.
http://tinypic.com/r/20f37k/9

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hi Ross,

That is one interesting looking critter!

Ugly tomatoes are perfect for Ratatouille !!!!

garlic
ugly tomato
garlic
onion
garlic
eggplant
garlic
bell pepper (I prefer the red ones)
garlic

Don't forget the garlic!

Ugly tomatoes work great to tomato sauce too.

-T