GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   low carb winter squash (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/213692-low-carb-winter-squash.html)

T[_4_] 30-09-2016 12:31 AM

low carb winter squash

Hi All,

I came across this blog on low carb winter squash:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=450588

Delicata, Sweet Dumpling, Golden Nugget, and Kabocha Squash

She stated that they were 8 grams per cup, which is perfect

With an eye to both growing as well as eating them, do you guys
have an words of wisdom? Please remember I have a black thumb!

Many thanks,
-T

Jeßus[_17_] 03-10-2016 08:16 AM

low carb winter squash

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:31:37 -0700, T wrote:

Hi All,

I came across this blog on low carb winter squash:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=450588

Delicata, Sweet Dumpling, Golden Nugget, and Kabocha Squash

She stated that they were 8 grams per cup, which is perfect

With an eye to both growing as well as eating them, do you guys
have an words of wisdom? Please remember I have a black thumb!

I grow golden nuggets, they're one of my favourites. Here in Australia
they are regarded as a pumpkin. Nice to know they are low in carbs.
Words of wisdom? They're pretty easy to grow, keep the water up to
them... I think you'll be okay.

T[_4_] 03-10-2016 11:24 AM

low carb winter squash

On 10/03/2016 12:16 AM, Je�us wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:31:37 -0700, T wrote:

Hi All,

I came across this blog on low carb winter squash:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=450588

Delicata, Sweet Dumpling, Golden Nugget, and Kabocha Squash

She stated that they were 8 grams per cup, which is perfect

With an eye to both growing as well as eating them, do you guys
have an words of wisdom? Please remember I have a black thumb!

I grow golden nuggets, they're one of my favourites. Here in Australia
they are regarded as a pumpkin. Nice to know they are low in carbs.
Words of wisdom? They're pretty easy to grow, keep the water up to
them... I think you'll be okay.

Hi All,

Oh you know what, I am thinking I'd better back off on winter
squash. The carb counts I am finding are for raw. Cooked
would be half as much. And it is not worth the strain it
would cause on my system. Rat! Thank you all for the tips!
They are very much appreciated.

-T