Old 03-10-2016, 08:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Bill Mollison died this past weekend

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:05:25 -0400, songbird
wrote:

a co-founder of permaculture. crusty and very
funny teller of stories, tells it like it is in
his videos (some he rambles and goes off on
tangents and may never come back ). he was not
religious so i will not say RIP, but instead i
hope he was returned to the earth in some way that
he would have liked.

like anyone who's actually into science and
the ideas behind permaculture he was not ever into
blind followers, instead he always wanted people
to challenge his ideas and find new ways of doing
what needs to be done.

I've never described what I do on my property as Permaculture (I have
an aversion to belonging to movements), but that's what I am doing
here, basically. I'd just prefer to call it common sense.

cheers Bill, you rocked,

Yes, he certainly did.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Jeßus wrote:
I've never described what I do on my property as Permaculture (I have
an aversion to belonging to movements), but that's what I am doing
here, basically. I'd just prefer to call it common sense.

most of what methods they speak about are
covered in other disciplines, the differences
are in the ethics.

what i am doing here is very simplified in
comparison. no chickens, no cattle, no fruit
trees and since the property isn't mine i have
to work around the management's ideas.

still, even with all those constraints the
garden soils have kept improving and we're
getting good results.

songbird