Old 25-12-2016, 02:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default merry christmas garden pails

i hope Santa is good to you.

songbird
Old 25-12-2016, 02:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 12/25/2016 8:33 AM, songbird wrote:
i hope Santa is good to you.

songbird

Thank you and you too.
Frank
Old 25-12-2016, 06:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 12/25/2016 9:54 AM, Derald wrote:
songbird wrote:

i hope Santa is good to you.

+1
Thanks!

How it is:

Still have eggplant, cucumbers. Tomatoes are blooming, with what result
one never knows in December/January. Mildew finally took out summer
squash and the risk of fatal (to squash) cold is too high to make
re-planting before about March practical. Picking peas and prepping
spinach bed, although, weather's a bit warm yet for spinach. Have
carrot seedlings a/o Christmas eve morning. Hoping for cooler weather
by the time they start filling out. Just gonna continue to
succession-plant carrots and hope for a bit of a cool spell between now
and April or thereabouts; same with cabbage. Don't know yet whether to
plant broccoli but may do because, "You never know"....

I went out this morning and cruised the raised beds. Four different
lettuce types are really going well. Cauliflower and broccoli are
heading up nicely, will pick a cauliflower this next week. The new kale
is growing well and the old one is still growing, looks like a palm tree
now. G The carrot bed is producing and the carrots seem to be getting
bigger quicker, maybe due to the light rains we have been getting
sporadically. Green onions are being pulled frequently as we really like
the light onion taste. The entire fall/winter garden is doing well in
70F winter weather.

Still picking the last few kumquats and just eating them and spitting
out the seeds. Maybe the seeds will sprout and we might get a forest.

I will be pruning the pear tree mid-January, just before the tree starts
producing blossoms and hoping for a big crop next year.

I'm hoping dear wife will give me enough time to replenish the man-made
soil in those raised beds, the contents are down about three inches
already. Another mix of peat moss, vermiculite and much compost mixed in
with the old makes for a good garden. I don't try to garden in the
ground as it is two inches of sand on top of five feet of gumbo clay.

OT Merry Christmas Shell Gardening 3 22-12-2003 03:12 AM
OT Merry Christmas Shell Orchids 0 21-12-2003 07:42 AM
Merry Christmas & Happy new Year Theo Bonsai 0 19-12-2003 06:43 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Mike K Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 07:16 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Allegra Roses 0 23-01-2003 09:22 AM