GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Choosing the right topsoil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/214448-choosing-right-topsoil.html)

Newbie Gardener 16-03-2017 03:51 PM

Choosing the right topsoil

Hey everyone, so I'm new to gardening, and in need of some tips. I've seen quite a bit around topsoil, but wasn't sure where to get it.

It seems quite cheap from places like homebase, but would this mean worse value?

Homebase Top Soil - 25L

Or would it be better to get it from a local company like Bury Hill?

Premium Grade Topsoil & Loams in Surrey & London, UK

Any information that you guys can share on this would be great!

songbird[_2_] 16-03-2017 09:23 PM

Choosing the right topsoil

Newbie Gardener wrote:

Hey everyone, so I'm new to gardening, and in need of some tips. I've
seen quite a bit around topsoil, but wasn't sure where to get it.

Any information that you guys can share on this would be great!

call your local landscaping places and ask,
for us we can get topsoil by the yard for about
$10-35 [delivered by small truck add $20-50].

it is always best to inspect for quality and
determine price before it is actually delivered.

songbird