Old 21-05-2017, 02:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Earwigs are back

But they don't seem to like my radishes this year.
I am growing China Rose this year.

http://www.rareseeds.com/china-rose-...=rose%20radish

So far I have stepped on about four, carved about two up
with garden utensils, and sprayed about four.

The four I sprayed were on my radish bed, but the did not seem to like
the radish sprouts. Two days later when I rechecked, I could
not find a one. Last year I would kill about 300 at a time on
my radish bed.

Hopefully my radish sprouts will be large enough
before the armies of earwigs come out in force.

It is going to be in the 80F's all week, which will
trigger a mash hatch of the buggers. Maybe ...?
Old 21-05-2017, 07:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:
Hopefully my radish sprouts will be large enough
before the armies of earwigs come out in force.

It is going to be in the 80F's all week, which will
trigger a mash hatch of the buggers. Maybe ...?

sorry, no experience here with massive earwig
numbers, dunno much about them other than i see
a few here or there. i think the snakes, frogs,
toads, etc. must be eating them.

i've seen mention of traps for them (upside down
pots full of straw/grass/hay on sticks) vaguely
i recall that. see if you can google it, i'm off
to sleep...

g.l.

songbird

Earwigs Matt Bristol Orchids 7 26-11-2003 05:06 PM
How to Kill spiders wasps earwigs centipedes etc Kat Gardening 14 16-05-2003 11:56 PM
Peanut Oil to Battle Earwigs? Fleemo Gardening 6 01-05-2003 08:56 PM
Earwigs on my Lemon Tree Chris Warr Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Earwigs arien Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:33 AM