Old 21-05-2017, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default how long do peppers seeds take to sprout?

Hi All,

I potted Chimayo and Sandia pepper seeds last week.
nothing has sprouted yet. How long does it usually
take? (How farmers put up with waiting, I will
never know.)

My radishes sprouted in two days.

Many thanks,
-T
Old 21-05-2017, 04:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Sat, 20 May 2017 18:30:13 -0700, T wrote:

Hi All,

I potted Chimayo and Sandia pepper seeds last week.
nothing has sprouted yet. How long does it usually take? (How farmers
put up with waiting, I will never know.)

My radishes sprouted in two days.

Many thanks,
-T

It takes a week or two depending on your site conditions. My mini bells
took about a week but in my greenhouse that was expected. Many of my
customers claim limited success in getting peppers to germinate though.
Old 21-05-2017, 08:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

T wrote:

I potted Chimayo and Sandia pepper seeds last week.
nothing has sprouted yet. How long does it usually
take? (How farmers put up with waiting, I will
never know.)

My radishes sprouted in two days.

they need warm soil, so if you planted them outside
it is probably too early for them (and probably too
late too, but i dunno for sure about that).

usually, we buy starts from the greenhouse. much
easier/reliable.

may need a warm pad or warm spot if you try it at
home.

songbird
Old 22-05-2017, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 05/20/2017 11:30 PM, songbird wrote:
[peppers] usually, we buy starts from the greenhouse. much
easier/reliable.

Me too, except I can't find them this year. They only thing
I have found is jalapeno, banana, and habanero. All fire and
no flavor.