Old 28-05-2017, 02:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default for a change

i planted some of the lima beans on time.

last year i was so late on planting some
things that i didn't even bother planting
lima beans. well... and i also had no
space for them that wasn't going to get
overrun by squash.

i still don't want to plant the starts
out until after the middle of this week it
is going to be cold enough at night.

i have a chance of getting some more
weeding done by then.

songbird
Old 28-05-2017, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 5/28/2017 7:24 AM, songbird wrote:
i planted some of the lima beans on time.

last year i was so late on planting some
things that i didn't even bother planting
lima beans. well... and i also had no
space for them that wasn't going to get
overrun by squash.

i still don't want to plant the starts
out until after the middle of this week it
is going to be cold enough at night.

i have a chance of getting some more
weeding done by then.

songbird

What is this "cold" thing? We're getting 90 + F every day now. Garden is
exploding as long as we water. Wife is off to eldest brother's 80th
birthday and won't be back until Friday. Have been watering almost daily
in the raised beds and all the other growing things. Weather folk are
claiming possible rain over next seven days. I don't understand possible
rain I just want REAL rain. G

If I can hang on a few more years I will be 80, something no other male
in my family has ever reached. Here at 77 I am leading the pack on
eldest male in family so far. Thanks to modern medicine and a good woman.

I'm using a cane now, wonder what will be next. At least I can still
garden somewhat.

Lonesome George
Old 28-05-2017, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

George Shirley wrote:
What is this "cold" thing? We're getting 90 + F every day now. Garden is
exploding as long as we water. Wife is off to eldest brother's 80th
birthday and won't be back until Friday. Have been watering almost daily
in the raised beds and all the other growing things. Weather folk are
claiming possible rain over next seven days. I don't understand possible
rain I just want REAL rain. G

yeah, overnight temperatures are forecast to be 49 -
50 a few nights this week. rains forecast for today
after 5pm. not sure we'll get anything from it. radar
looks iffy, south and north of us as usual. daytime
temps finally mid-70s. will get things planted after
this round of nighttime temps begins to head back up
again.

If I can hang on a few more years I will be 80, something no other male
in my family has ever reached. Here at 77 I am leading the pack on
eldest male in family so far. Thanks to modern medicine and a good woman.

I'm using a cane now, wonder what will be next. At least I can still
garden somewhat.

i'm sure Tai Chi can be adapted to sitting cane
form as it does have a sword form. always a good
idea to be prepared IMO.

Lonesome George

Tilly Dawg?

break over, gotta get back outside for a bit if it
might rain, pick up my stuff i was working with and
putter around weeding. just in the section i'm
working on now i figure another three days at least at
the rate i've been going. of course, i usually do
something else for a while too to keep on top of
things.

cheers,

songbird
Old 28-05-2017, 11:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 5/28/2017 3:35 PM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
[...]

Just got a pop up on the screen, seriously severe weather expected over
the next ten hours. Maybe some real rain but I hope no twisters nor
other strong winds. I'm having a problem with getting a fence builder to
come and put in a fifty foot long back fence with a gate and the builder
will have to put the posts deep as we're on a steep slope next to a
natural gas pipeline.

fish change colors ? John Q. Ponds 2 19-11-2003 03:02 AM
when to fertilize? After water change? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 20-04-2003 07:22 AM
co2 DIY slowing down...when to change bottle? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 20-04-2003 07:22 AM
No PH change with DIY CO2 Jim Miller Freshwater Aquaria Plants 24 21-02-2003 08:16 PM
Water Change? B. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 14-02-2003 07:13 PM