GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bean crazy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/214775-bean-crazy.html)

songbird[_2_] 06-07-2017 12:56 PM

bean crazy

when i was planting beans i took a little time
to try to sort them out and combine some containers
to reduce the space the collection was taking up.

i haven't finished yet and may not until winter
now, but i figured i'd take a snapshot of the mayhem
in progress:

http://www.anthive.com/img/beans/thm..._Beans_thm.jpg

the containers on the bottom shelf are the ones
i have enough of to eat. the rest may be enough
to eat a little to sample for flavor, but usually
i wait until i can plant them out more to get
enough. this year i'm trying to rebuild the lima,
yellow eye and a few others to have enough to cook
some up. the edamame may need a fence to get them
restocked - we'll see if the few plants growing
produce and i get a harvest.

[if you want a more detailed picture you can visit
the bean page and click on the link - i'm trying to do
this sort of set-up for all my pictures so the pages
load quickly enough at first glance but also there's
the option for the more detailed and larger view]

http://www.anthive.com/project/beans/

songbird